Old 08-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandocommando9 View Post
I've tried to like the anode for putting but I just don't find it consistent like my kc aviars it does drive nice, but man it just loves to bounce off the pole MVP needs base plastic like an addict needs his fix!
Get a heavier weight.
Don't putt so hard.
Break it in.

When my Anode was new it bounced out a few times but quickly beat in. Now, a few months later I can't remember the last time it bounced out.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:44 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
All three of those suggestions are already fulfilled its max weight and its beat in. As for not putting hard meh don't know about that putt through it not to it. I am a solid putter but for me the anode wasn't I know all the MVP guys always have a suggestion but it just doesn't compare to any other putter I've used
Wizards, kc aviars, and judges all three of which I feel are way better at putting than the anode.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:00 AM
* Ace Member *

How is a putter better at putting?
I use soft Anodes which is probably not what you have anyway.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
My anode is soft and what I said makes perfect sense to me at least lol I find certain putters better for driving and others better for putting.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:06 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
How is a putter better at putting?
I use soft Anodes which is probably not what you have anyway.
dude your right, i can putt well with any putter.. it just comes down to what you like the feel of and what "clicks" with you when you first try it.. when i first tried an Ion, it clicked with me and i have been an Ion addict ever since. But i used to use magnets, challengers, and wizards before i used the ion, they all worked just as well. I guess i just liked the Ion because it was "new" and it gave me a mental boost that improved my game not because of the ion itself, but mentally gave me that confidence.

I do keep a special organic blend Wizard in the bag for rainy day wet disc confidence though..
Old 08-29-2013, 11:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 59
I threw only Discmania & Innova until today. I have bought a variety of molds from different companies but none ever replaced my Innova & Discmania discs until today. I've been looking for a driving putter to pair with my Champ Rhyno & I bought a Glow Proton Anode from a friend for $7. I put it in my bag today to test out. I tend to have "auditions" with discs & compare them to the current disc I use to fill the slot the test disc is used for. I really liked my Anode more than my Star Aviar Driver for my stable driving putter. After a few causal rounds today using the Anode before leagues I decided to use it instead of my Aviar Driver for leagues & it performed really well for me. I just got a Champ Dart I'm gonna compare it to but as of right now the Anode is working great for me so its my main driving putter now. MVP isn't all that bad
Old 05-17-2014, 10:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 16
bought another soft proton anode today.

in the bag as my putting putter for a test round today and i only missed 4 times in two rounds within the circle. go figure. it's stupid neutral on the approach, i love it.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Also I don't see the spit through issues. The soft bangs chains and drops straight down, it's dumb how dead this thing is on impact. Maybe if you're hyzer putting and therefore getting no shock absorption from the soft core against the chains while also sliding chains against the candy plastic, or putting too hard.

This thing also has glide for days. It really makes putting effortless, I was incredibly impressed.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Birdie Member

Soft anode is great.

On an off topic, why did the board let you post on a really old thread but it wouldn't let me post on a 39 day old thread.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:07 PM
* Ace Member *

There is a checkbook under the text space where you type that says "i understand this is an old thread but I would like to reply anyway."

Stole a ctp with the anode today and the Envy crushes. It's kinda silly. The Envy/anode combo is just gorgeous.