Old 01-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
GGGT just put up a presale for these bad boys!
I am going to be sending in my order to MVP in the next day or two.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
I'm surprised they didn't call it something like... Covalence? Too bad Failway already used "Element" for one of their discs. Or maybe change the name of the Ion to Cathode. Wonder if anything is being reserved for the name "Neutron"...?
Old 01-23-2012, 03:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
I'm surprised they didn't call it something like... Covalence? Too bad Failway already used "Element" for one of their discs. Or maybe change the name of the Ion to Cathode. Wonder if anything is being reserved for the name "Neutron"...?
Good luck getting them to crack about anything they have in the works.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
I bet if they release anything with "Neutron" it will be another line of plastic...
Old 01-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
thanks, i love being quoted even more than talking about myself!!

totally understandable that the stamp's not gonna appeal to everyone, or to some it won't seem up to the same level as others. that's inevitable, especially doing stuff as minimal and clean as the MVP stamps.

the main goal was to have something that feels similar and complimentary to the Ion. every time i send MVP a new draft or idea, it's placed in a group context alongside the existing discs because context is key. they brought me on so that a cohesive brand look could be built, and i think once the Anode is living in bags next to the Ion it'll "fit" more.

one of many things i love about MVP is that they release blank plastic. i prefer a blank or a custom stamp over any stock stamp.
I asked MVP about the Anode stamp design, on their G+ page, but rather than respond, they just deleted my question. They've done that to me a couple other times in the past, and it really just makes me think less of them. It is why I waited so long to get an Ion, and why I will not buy anything from them again. I love their discs, but to just ignore and delete my questions is as lame as it gets.

Maybe they were just pissed because I posted photos of the Anode before they did.
And thanks for the explanation. I am a fan of your work.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsplayname View Post
I asked MVP about the Anode stamp design, on their G+ page, but rather than respond, they just deleted my question. They've done that to me a couple other times in the past, and it really just makes me think less of them. It is why I waited so long to get an Ion, and why I will not buy anything from them again. I love their discs, but to just ignore and delete my questions is as lame as it gets.

Maybe they were just pissed because I posted photos of the Anode before they did.
Or maybe there was just an error or a mistake happened? It's sad that everyone expects the worst out of people these days.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsplayname View Post

Making crappy discs is as lame as it gets. Being an entitlement baby who cries when he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it, and then makes glib remarks, is as lame as it gets. The MVP guys go out of their way to answer questions and post information about their product on 2 separate internet forums (maybe more?), their webpage, and their Facebook and G+ pages, all while making great discs...
Old 01-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 35
Brad is always super responsive anytime I have contacted him.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by maansmit View Post
Brad is always super responsive anytime I have contacted him.
Same here. Maybe a mistake was made, dsplayname.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Or maybe there was just an error or a mistake happened? It's sad that everyone expects the worst out of people these days.
I thought that it was just some mishap after my first question got removed. But then after it happened 2 more times, on both Facebook and G+, I figured it is them.

And Josh, Thanks for the name calling and flaming. Never let an opportunity to make an ass of yourself pass you by.