Old 01-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbingster View Post
Post results Mikes!!!!!
He's a tester.... so he's testing. Probably out at the course playing, making a video for everyone to watch. You can't rush reviews, especially since the initial review is going to be different than the final review.

Keep in mind, Mike C tried out Ions twice before finally switching from Wizards to Ions. Putting is all about feel, so it'll take a while to actually start really feeling if you like it or not.

I might buy one or two of the first runs, but I really doubt I'll really try them out for putting duties until they come out with softs. Since it seems like a less stable but faster Ion, I'm wondering how fun they'll be drive with.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Putting flights felt slightly faster and straighter than the Ion, most notably at the end of the flight. They remind me of the really flat opaque Ions, only they seem to hold in the air better as they lose speed and fade less on nose up putts. It really flew like a broken in or beadless Ion.
I didn't realize the opaques were any different in terms of flight. I picked up 2 white blanks recently, my first Ions, and have been having fun with 'em. You think they're worth holding on to for the time being? I have no idea how many were made or if people will be geeking out for these things in a couple years because they're nice for dying or they fly special or w/e.

I'll be giving the Anode a go either way and probably picking up a new Ion while I'm a the shop anyway.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 40
I'm just asking because there are not a lot of players at my park that use MVP and if they knew about it or had someone to promote the discs they would probably gain more revenue from some new customers. There are only two of us that I know of that throw MVP discs....out of an entire park filled of DGer's...not good.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshEpoo View Post
I didn't realize the opaques were any different in terms of flight. I picked up 2 white blanks recently, my first Ions, and have been having fun with 'em. You think they're worth holding on to for the time being? I have no idea how many were made or if people will be geeking out for these things in a couple years because they're nice for dying or they fly special or w/e.

I'll be giving the Anode a go either way and probably picking up a new Ion while I'm a the shop anyway.
Probably don't fly much different than the other new ones unless you have some of the early opaque Ions where the bead was smaller.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:21 PM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
got my anode preordered.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:22 PM
* Ace Member *

They seem pretty overstable at low speeds to me, but they hold nice, loooong lines, and they're dead flat.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:23 PM
* Ace Member *

The really opaque Ions (color comes from pellets rather than dyes) seem to have cooled with really low shoulders and flat (sometimes slightly concave) tops. The difference is mainly feel as they are lower profile. Flightwise I think they come out of the hand a little faster and lock onto straight a little better as well, however I don't think they glide or "float" as well at low to medium speeds.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Quote:

Yea, you might want to stash those blanks away for a while. I have two, and I regret throwing one of them even as a practice thrower. People love dying them, and they're OOP, so stashing them away for a rainy day might be smart(Or sell them to a disc dyer).

The opaque Ions don't really fly any different than the production, unless you have one with a textured bottom. The two blanks I have don't have the textured bottom.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 35
Quote:

I will trade you new Anodes for your white blank Ions.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Well the two options are: throw, or stash. Not sell now and ship them away never to be seen!