Old 01-25-2012, 08:15 PM
* Ace Member *

i would wait for the anode if you havent tried the ion yet. i am also a push putter and use the ion and it has been a good disc to me, but I have a really good feeling about the anode, I am hoping it will increase my putting circle
Old 01-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
i have been a kc aviar thrower for the last few years. thoght it was the greatest putter out there. then i tried the ion and ended up selling most of my kc's away. what am i supposed to do with all these ions i have accumulated if these anodes turn out to be even better than the ion? to me it looks and sounds like an MVP BB aviar, which makes my penis erect. its like the best of both worlds. i never liked the wizard feel of the ion, but it worked so well i couldnt take it out of my bag. i wonder how many others may have this ion/anode delimma?
Old 01-25-2012, 09:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 56
Thanks for the video!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 1
Nice video!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:17 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 278
That was a very nice video with some excellent approaches. I'd love to know what course that is. #18 is a great camera shot that really captures a hyzer flip. I can't release beadless discs that smoothly. I feel like the Anode flies for you like my Soft Ion flies for me. I think we all appreciate the tmie you put into making that video. Thanks Mike.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.w View Post
i have been a kc aviar thrower for the last few years. thoght it was the greatest putter out there. then i tried the ion and ended up selling most of my kc's away. what am i supposed to do with all these ions i have accumulated if these anodes turn out to be even better than the ion? to me it looks and sounds like an MVP BB aviar, which makes my penis erect. its like the best of both worlds. i never liked the wizard feel of the ion, but it worked so well i couldnt take it out of my bag. i wonder how many others may have this ion/anode delimma?
Not many, if any at all. Both discs with serve it's own purpose. I can easily see how both discs can coexist happily in a single bag.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.w View Post
Exactly the same boat I'm in. I started with Aviars but wanted something more stable, so I bought a stack of HPP wizards(roughly 70 bucks worth). I kept myself from even looking at Mike C's little "why I switched from wizards to Ions" thread because I absolutely knew I would end up wanting to switch. I made the mistake of reading it one day out of boredom, then after trying one I was hooked. After stocking up with a ton of Ions(This time almost 100 bucks worth), I decided to try out a 2nd run Ion to see how I liked it... A week later I have spent almost 100 bucks tracking down 2nd run Ions, now MVP is releasing a straighter stock putter than the Ion? Come on Maple Valley, stop it already.. Your awesome discs are draining my bank accounts.

Oh well... at least I'll have a few weeks with my 2nd run Ions before trying an Anode, gotta wait for the softies.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 138
Send a message via AIM to New013
yea i'm still going to wait for the softies...

one thing i noticed was that those testers the mike's got were not labeled First Run.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
Exactly the same boat I'm in. I started with Aviars but wanted something more stable, so I bought a stack of HPP wizards(roughly 70 bucks worth). I kept myself from even looking at Mike C's little "why I switched from wizards to Ions" thread because I absolutely knew I would end up wanting to switch. I made the mistake of reading it one day out of boredom, then after trying one I was hooked. After stocking up with a ton of Ions(This time almost 100 bucks worth), I decided to try out a 2nd run Ion to see how I liked it... A week later I have spent almost 100 bucks tracking down 2nd run Ions, now MVP is releasing a straighter stock putter than the Ion? Come on Maple Valley, stop it already.. Your awesome discs are draining my bank accounts.

Oh well... at least I'll have a few weeks with my 2nd run Ions before trying an Anode, gotta wait for the softies.
The 2nd runs still have a decent amount of LSS tho, which will set the two apart.