* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 138
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to New013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
The Axis, you're doing it wrong.
pretty sure i'm not, it's stability pulls it off some lines and it especially doesn't hold any line all the way to the ground.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
pretty sure i'm not, it's stability pulls it off some lines and it especially doesn't hold any line all the way to the ground.
Mine certainly does.
It probably depends on the dome. The flat greens are supposed to be the least stable, and that is what mine is. If yours is domier then it might fade out of an anny.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 18
Only time mine pulls out of an anhyzer line, is on a poor throw, or thrown with a lot of height and distance. My Comets do the same things for me.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 74
I just think that the way they designed the Anode, from a manufacturing perspective, is really clever. Instead of designing a new mold, having it machined, building up inventory of the new mold, tweeking it, etc. They design the new putter using the Ion's mold, and just use the overmold to change the disc.

Clever clever.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:31 AM
* Ace Member *

they are super clever, but the overmold on the Anode is all-new. the core is the same as the Ion though. same with the Vector/Axis.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 18
That's what Ralphy said, I think.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
Only time mine pulls out of an anhyzer line, is on a poor throw, or thrown with a lot of height and distance. My Comets do the same things for me.
this could be said about almost any disc. i think. my green axis surely comes out of annys, and i have decent power and form, sometimes. maybe.
that being said, i hope my anode comes in today.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 138
Send a message via AIM to New013
if you guys want to insinuate that the axis doesn't fade on any line, straighten out on slight annys, or pull out of sharp annys then you go ahead. and i'll go polish my heisman while i sit on my golden dinner chair.

and yeah, as you said america. it probably does hold lines when you're throwing 200ft, but for us guys who like to throw them 350ft it's not holding the line we put it on the entire way.. and i wouldn't want it to.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:16 PM
* Ace Member *

I've been throwing my Ions alongside my Anodes for some time now...Here's a few things I've noticed that weren't necessarily apparent at first:

The Anode seems to be a little more OAT tolerant than the Ion. I was throwing some powered down standstill shots into the wind today, and since I haven't practiced this in a while I was getting a slight bit of OAT that the headwind was helping me see. On my throws with my M Ion the little bit of OAT took it offline more than the same amount with the Anode. Perhaps I was just getting the Anode out a bit cleaner, but I doubt this because they feel almost identical in my hand.

The Anode does not drop as fast as the Ion as it loses speed and stalls. In some situations this means the Anode can fade more than the Ion. I was noticing this on about 275' shots where I was throwing both the Anode and Ion with touch and a little anny. The Anode would turn more, but it would also fade more at the same height height as my Ions (these were 15-20' high shots that were dropping at the basket). Perhaps this happens because the Anode is a bit more nose angle sensitive (as beadless discs usually are).

So far I think overall the Ion is more consistent and easier to range and the Anode is more versatile and dynamic for line shaping. I prefer the Anode for putting, I can say that already. On drives/approaches I trust the Ion more...Sure I've thrown it a lot more, but it's nature seems to be more predictable.

I have a feeling the soft Anode is going to be the most dynamic of all MVP's putters in terms of speed/glide/distance...I'm really looking forward to it now.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:31 PM
* Ace Member *

we were just outside the warehouse driving some Anodes... holy geez these things hold a line!

i'll stay classy and NOT say which austin millennium-sponsored player who i work with is super jealous of this disc