Old 02-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Is the stock stamp black on all of the anodes or all the mvp discs? I think a silver stamp on the dark purple would look sweet. All I have seen are black stamps on the mvp discs.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongoff09 View Post
Is the stock stamp black on all of the anodes or all the mvp discs? I think a silver stamp on the dark purple would look sweet. All I have seen are black stamps on the mvp discs.
im pretty sure. id love it too if they did like silver or gold or even some other crazy color. i know the eclipse discs have white stamps though.

edit: spelling
Old 02-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 20
All I can say thus far is I feel bad for my Ion's lol
Old 02-20-2012, 06:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripenemys2k View Post
All I can say thus far is I feel bad for my Ion's lol
Agreed. Though I did just finish playing in 30-35mph winds ad needed to break out the ions for most of The putting.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:45 PM

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl39 View Post
Ok so I've been using the Anode for all of 2 hours at this point and here is what I've noticed:

Maybe it's just me, but the Anode will get almost exactly where I tell it to go; it will just take a different flight path to get there. It will either go dead straight like an arrow when I thought it would hyzer off a little bit, or else it will take the hyzer route and again go almost exactly where I tell it to.

Also tried some putting with it. They need a soft anode, because this thing comes barreling in. It makes a terrific noise when it slams the chains dead on, but my concern is that it has such a velocity coming in and is such a straight shooter that it will go through the chains...

I'm pretty much a newbie to the sport, with just 1 season but I just HAD to have these Anodes. I only drove twice with it and both times it was dead straight and exactly what I wanted.. This past Sunday was the first round I've played since October and my first 5 or 6 baskets were all 15-30' putts, made and I was starting to REALLY love this disc. (I've been practicing with my basket indoors at about 15-20 feet for the past few weeks).

I love the way this disc just floats to the basket. The ones I were missing were skipping off of the rim of the basket. The one thing I did notice is that the "rubber" outermold is VERY hard and smooth. It has absolutely no grip to it whatsoever. I was out there bashing it against every tree I could find to try and rough it up. I played for a full year and I've never had a disc go THROUGH the chains and I did on my first round with the Anode.

I have a feeling that when the softs come out, they will become my putter and the mediums will be my "mid range" and approach discs...

Am I out of my mind?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:51 PM
* Ace Member *

nope, i use my anode for upsots only. it turned my buzzzes into my drivers insted of mids because the anode goes a long way for a putter. i still putt with JKs but the anode def has a spot in the bag.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Definitely not out of your mind. I can't wait to get my hands on some softs. My accuracy has improved greatly with these things. I hit center pole 90% of my puts so I don't get the cut throughs that I did when I first started putting with them. The office of my apartment actually called me about 15 minutes ago, just ended up being the stupid membership pack from the PDGA
Old 02-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 31
I haven't had any problems with this disc sticking in the basket. I actually came from using a very soft magic to the anode and the anode sticks so much better for me than my magic did. I don't think I will even get a soft anode when they come out, and I was initially going to wait for them. This disc just feels great and performs beautifully. This week I am going to throw it on some drives to see how it performs there.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I haven't had any problems with this disc sticking in the basket. I actually came from using a very soft magic to the anode and the anode sticks so much better for me than my magic did. I don't think I will even get a soft anode when they come out, and I was initially going to wait for them. This disc just feels great and performs beautifully. This week I am going to throw it on some drives to see how it performs there.
Good thing you didn't wait! You wouldn't know what you're missing out on. I've noticed when driving them, you don't need to put a lot of power on it, just get some good snap and they'll glide like no other on the straightest line you've ever thrown.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
This week I am going to throw it on some drives to see how it performs there.
you wont be dissapointed. they fly for a long time with a clean release. i got mine out about 280 pretty easy.