Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
My Anode was sucking today.. It's beat to complete s*** though.. It was point and shoot for a while but it's way too inconsistent. The wizard was 100x better.. No putter will ever come close to what the wizard can do. The anode is better then the Ion.. Possibly having the M Proton made a difference in today's melty wet conditions.. I hit the middle of the chains and it slipped out.. Maybe it was just the putter in wet conditions?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
My Anode was sucking today.. It's beat to complete s*** though.. It was point and shoot for a while but it's way too inconsistent. The wizard was 100x better.. No putter will ever come close to what the wizard can do. The anode is better then the Ion.. Possibly having the M Proton made a difference in today's melty wet conditions.. I hit the middle of the chains and it slipped out.. Maybe it was just the putter in wet conditions?
You already have beaten in an Anode that much?!?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:10 PM
* Ace Member *

If you look closely there have been small circles on all MVP discs since the Vector. It is part of a technology they have on their molds to keep the discs popping out consistently. I don't know why the circles are more pronounced on some discs than others. It definitely has no effect on flight or durability.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
My anode was sinking putts and nailing shots that I usually can't make today.. It has been placed next to the Wizard as my all time favorite putter!! Thank you MVP!!
Quote:
I'll bet anything you haven't done anything to that Anode to break it in. Sounds like it was grip issues resulting from the conditions. Baseline plastic rules in those conditions, but with practice, experience, and vigilance(keeping them dry) Ions/Anodes can be used just as effectively.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbingster View Post
You already have beaten in an Anode that much?!?
Yes. My anode is beat to complete hell. I have a spare but I don't like the color nearly as much. I've been using the disc for catch and have thrown 300+ throws at school, 15+ in an open field (driving), and it's been the only putter and for approaches within 100ft since it came out. Only 7-8 Round of something.. The disc when a 7/10 was excellent and so consistent. Now it is a 5/10 I'd say.. Really damn beat for only being out for a month. I got my money's worth I suppose.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 18
Bull****.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
If you look closely there have been small circles on all MVP discs since the Vector. It is part of a technology they have on their molds to keep the discs popping out consistently. I don't know why the circles are more pronounced on some discs than others. It definitely has no effect on flight or durability.
when we got them in at marshall street i was curious about it. looks like it is an issue with different colors cooling at different times
Old 03-06-2012, 09:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
There's not way it's 5/10 already. MVP discs pretty much have their own scale because they just don't take abuse like any other discs. I've used mine vigorously since they came out, playing multiple Anode only rounds, putting/upshot practice everyday. And they are barely scuffed.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Really beat to sh!? Must mean oat city. Really, I have ions that are way older and have way more miles and they are still like new. Wow this may be the first ever 5/10 anything MVP. Pictures or I don't believe it.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Yes. My anode is beat to complete hell. I have a spare but I don't like the color nearly as much. I've been using the disc for catch and have thrown 300+ throws at school, 15+ in an open field (driving), and it's been the only putter and for approaches within 100ft since it came out. Only 7-8 Round of something.. The disc when a 7/10 was excellent and so consistent. Now it is a 5/10 I'd say.. Really damn beat for only being out for a month. I got my money's worth I suppose.
It's all in your head. I've tried really hard to beat my first new generation Ion in to no avail. I've folded it in half in every direction...at least 100 times. I've thrown it on pavement dozens of times and hit trees on purpose many more. It still flies with zero high speed turn and the only difference between it and a brand new one is that it fades later.