Old 06-25-2012, 12:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.9
Courses Played: 686
I think it was said they were the only bid? Chuck is a big fan, as is the PDGA in general, of the way it was run last time....I believe (unless Chuck is just doing good PR). One site, for the whole tourney: (though, they will be adding Vlaparasio into the mix this time...woot!) is a big plus!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:09 AM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 185
*droolz*

Oh man.

*droolz*

-------------------a formal line of demarcation-----------------------------

^^^OHauser opening is not something to miss, if you can make it!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 208
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicRib View Post
2013 pro worlds back in crown point........wow.......thats pretty cool. I guess that means that new course will be done by then. Aug 3 thru the 10th? Anybody have any insight as to how Indiana got pro worlds again over all the other areas that bid?
Sounds like no one (else) wanted to run it. My understanding is that Valpo will be included and that we will most likely play a hybrid layout of Red/Blue, which is fine by me. I wonder what the new course will be like? If Valpo is used, I'd guess that MPO wouldn't even play the new course?
Quote:
Itchin to go play it Dana, but i think I'm gonna wait till it is done.......I've also driven like 75hours the last two weeks so I'm gonna give it a bit.
It was nice seeing ya in OR, hope you guys enjoyed your trip. I'd wait on Streator to be finished up before coming down to check it out. No use wandering around, although its not all that difficult to navigate. The back 9 is worth the drive
Old 06-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 183
^The new course (or what little I saw of it) looked pretty sweet at lemon. I was told (and don't quote me because I am not sure) that the brush hog went a little crazy and too many trees got cleared on some fairways, but the land it was on looked pretty nice. It looked like it would be pretty heavily wooded.

I thought there was talk of another shorter course as well???
Old 06-25-2012, 08:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 255
Got some pics from a little northern wisco trip Mashnut (Matt & Ash), Illy Geoff, and myself...

Old 06-25-2012, 08:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 255
And.......

Old 06-25-2012, 08:40 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.1
Courses Played: 569
I'll be with Brian looking over plans and courses this Wed and Thursday. Probably visit Valpo Wed afternoon and Hidden Lake league that evening then to Lemon on Thursday. Using Valpo isn't a done deal but is in the discussions at least. I think it may be more of an alternative depending on how satisified everyone is with the fifth course so it's too early to tell. It also may depend if the registrations for Worlds keep increasing and the extra course capacity is needed.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
I'll be with Brian looking over plans and courses this Wed and Thursday. Probably visit Valpo Wed afternoon and Hidden Lake league that evening then to Lemon on Thursday. Using Valpo isn't a done deal but is in the discussions at least. I think it may be more of an alternative depending on how satisified everyone is with the fifth course so it's too early to tell. It also may depend if the registrations for Worlds keep increasing and the extra course capacity is needed.
Thanks for the info, Chuck.
I haven't made it to Hidden Lake yet, but I hear its more of a rec/white type course. So maybe its a good option for some of the age protected divisions. I really like Valpo and I think that the LHBH/RHFH players will especially like it.

Sounds like you've been down around IL quite a bit lately. I'm excited to see your work in Fairfield, or whatever its called now (Squaw Gold?).
Old 06-25-2012, 10:02 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.1
Courses Played: 569
Brian indicated Hidden might be appropriate for the older divisions, not Open.

Squaw Creek Gold is the gold layout and Fairfield White will be the white layout. Each course will have 5 holes that are not part of the other course. We found out last week that the timing for opening the revised white layout will be next Spring at the earliest. They won't be able to do the next pass using heavy equipment for the remaining clearing in the woods until Fall.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
It's a beautiful morning in the northwoods, Tailings and Sandy Point among others yesterday, and a few new courses today finishing off with Standing Rocks.
How did you like Tailings? I haven't been there yet this season but that grass looks pretty long. Let me know if I have to get on Bruce's case to maintain that grass. Did you guys hit up Black Bear too?
Closed Thread