Disc Golf Store
Old 12-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Hey All,

For those of you that didn't know or don't know me at all, I've been gone since September, going to school out in California. In my short time at UC Santa Barbara, I went ahead, and talked to the school, and managed to start the disc golf program at our school. A couple of guys I played with at a local league helped me out with it, and we quickly formed a team of four. They helped me get associated with the school, and be officially recognized. In our first tournament, about a three weeks after we were recognized by the school, we lost in the Championship of the West Coast Collegiate Open to CSUMB on their home course. They are ranked #4 in the nation and beat us by a point in Match Play, we had previously beaten them in pool play, where we went 5-0. Our second place finish gave us a berth into the Collegiate Disc Golf National Championships. Nationals takes place each year in Augusta, Georgia. Unfortunately we are not sponsored by the school and need to pay our own way to Nationals. DGA has a program similar to the CFR program that Innova does, but for College teams to pay their way to Georgia. So, in a week or two, I will have 30 SP DGA Hurricanes and 20 SP DGA aftershocks. The Hurricane is a 13 speed driver, very similar to the boss, and has a great flight path. The Aftershock is pretty much the buzzz of DGA, but might be a bit more stable. The SP plastic is most similar to Sparkle Z that Discraft does. We got to design our own stamp, and all of the proceeds that we get go right to our club for our trip to Nationals. If you could help us out on our journey to South Carolina, that would be amazing! I'll attempt to embed the picture of the stamp to this post. Let me know if you can help me out! Willing to ship out for sure. We're asking $18 per disc, for a great cause.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix2113 View Post
Hey All,

For those of you that didn't know or don't know me at all, I've been gone since September, going to school out in California. In my short time at UC Santa Barbara, I went ahead, and talked to the school, and managed to start the disc golf program at our school. A couple of guys I played with at a local league helped me out with it, and we quickly formed a team of four. They helped me get associated with the school, and be officially recognized. In our first tournament, about a three weeks after we were recognized by the school, we lost in the Championship of the West Coast Collegiate Open to CSUMB on their home course. They are ranked #4 in the nation and beat us by a point in Match Play, we had previously beaten them in pool play, where we went 5-0. Our second place finish gave us a berth into the Collegiate Disc Golf National Championships. Nationals takes place each year in Augusta, Georgia. Unfortunately we are not sponsored by the school and need to pay our own way to Nationals. DGA has a program similar to the CFR program that Innova does, but for College teams to pay their way to Georgia. So, in a week or two, I will have 30 SP DGA Hurricanes and 20 SP DGA aftershocks. The Hurricane is a 13 speed driver, very similar to the boss, and has a great flight path. The Aftershock is pretty much the buzzz of DGA, but might be a bit more stable. The SP plastic is most similar to Sparkle Z that Discraft does. We got to design our own stamp, and all of the proceeds that we get go right to our club for our trip to Nationals. If you could help us out on our journey to South Carolina, that would be amazing! I'll attempt to embed the picture of the stamp to this post. Let me know if you can help me out! Willing to ship out for sure. We're asking $18 per disc, for a great cause.

where do you guys play at, there really arent any great courses anywhere near IV...my daughter is graduating from UCSB this year...
Old 12-16-2012, 12:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Well there is an IV course, but it sucks. Works for glow at 2 am when you're bored or drunk. There's a course in Goleta called Evergreen Open Space that has a club. I play there anywhere from 1-4 times a week
Old 12-16-2012, 08:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 264
I'll scoop a hurricane from ya next week.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 417
Saw a sick ace today; #15 at Highland Park. Great shot!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:16 PM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDriveBadPutt View Post
Saw a sick ace today; #15 at Highland Park. Great shot!
Who got it? Matrix? Or Mashy? Damn, I should've stuck around!

Fun rounds today, guys!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:55 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 815
That would be BionicRib, teebird right in the middle of the chains.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 189
.....And yes Skunk........it did hit the basket!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 178
Sweet! My buddy Brian aced 15 a few weeks ago. It's fun watching someone pure that hole.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 189
...then I went 4, 4, 4 on the last three and lost to matrix by 4.......I thought I had him
Closed Thread