Old 03-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
The overstable midrange thread got locked. Don't restart it in this one.
Hey, I started nothing. Mud was being slung long ago.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:34 AM

Is there suppose to be a redesign of the bag. I heard they were going to make it smaller and the new design is suppose to start next month.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxiong84 View Post
Is there suppose to be a redesign of the bag. I heard they were going to make it smaller and the new design is suppose to start next month.
They're releasing a smaller bag as a new model, not a replacement for the Jetpack.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxiong84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
They're releasing a smaller bag as a new model, not a replacement for the Jetpack.
lxiong starting on pg 75 I posted Prodicus's comments on facebook concerning the new small model coming out. And Prodiscus just recently shipped out a bunch of bags to their US suppliers.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
A smaller backpack would be a very appealing aspect for me. It looks like such an awesome bag, but looking too wide! I would love a bag athat could carry 10-20 at most in a compact, sturdy, and comfy design.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyith View Post

I love hearing "dang i should have thrown my other *blank* one"
We have a local player that we've initiated a "2 choice" rule. He is allowed no more than 2 times going back to his bag and picking out a different disc when it's his turn to tee. It started getting really bad because he carries just a giant pile of everything around in his bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridZombiw View Post
A smaller backpack would be a very appealing aspect for me. It looks like such an awesome bag, but looking too wide! I would love a bag athat could carry 10-20 at most in a compact, sturdy, and comfy design.
I know Physical Flight has a smaller/medium backpack in the works for 2013. I think we'll see more and more in this size range pop up in the next year or two.

Last edited by throwfromthewoods; 03-21-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.2
My Bag Story/Review

So I got my Prodiscus bag in Aug 2012. I play 3-4 rounds a week on average. I do very much like the room & space it has to carry i'll the stuff I do. I think with all my discs & non perishables it probably weighs in the 35-40lbs range. Too heavy for some but I like to carry what I carry. For Christmas I got some 32oz Nalgene containers & with the combination of carrying 4-5 discs in the side pockets & the wider Nalgene bottles i got a rip on one of the seams in drink holders. My advice to anyone who uses the Nalgenes with this bag is not to put more than 3 discs (4 drivers max) in the side pockets. The next thing i would say about this bag is in comparison to the Grip. The Grip has hard plastic feet things screwed into the bottom of the bag to allow it to stand up right. In my opinion this is what prodiscus is going to need to do. The Prodiscus bags have two hard rubber pads on the bottom but they are not as heavy duty as the Grip ones are. This has made the bottom of the Prodiscus bag start to come apart at the stitching. That is because the whole bag sits on the ground & from hundreds if not thousands of times of picking it up & down on the seams on the bottom have started to show some stress. They aren't any holes in it yet but it will need to be plasti dipped to prolong the life of it. I feel that it is wasn't actually sitting on the ground & had the two hard plastic things that Grip does that would eliminate the seams getting scraped from setting down/picking up. Other than that i feel the quality is great & is a great option for people who like to carry more than other back packs allow.

The great news is I messaged the owner Kai & sent him some of the pics. His customer service was top notch & he sent me a brand new one as a replacement. I was really stressing over what i was going to do & what would happen but he really stood behind his product & encouraged me to write this post. He said he enjoys criticism as that is how one improves.

Hope this helps anyone out there who has or is currently using one.

Last edited by Kelly Markum; 05-05-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:18 AM

Courses Played: 10
Ive got my hands on one of the 30 first smaller backpacks! Cant wait to get it home and try it out. just have to wait 3 more weeks before release.

Will post a pic when i get it home!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 8
So he opened pre-orders for a bag no one has even seen a prototype pic of? Seems like an odd way to do it.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:03 AM

Courses Played: 10
It should look like the bigger bag, He took away one drink holder, one outer pocket and made the bag waterproof so its no rainfly on it. So i think it gonna look kinda similiar to the big one. its a couple of inches smaller 2.