Old 02-20-2012, 08:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

It seems that the limits of DGCR's search function make it impossible to search for PD threads, so I'm officially starting a searchable thread to start an accumulation of knowledge of the wonderful disc known as the PD or Freak.

If you are really interested and have some free time, study this http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums...hp?f=5&t=12278.

Here's a quick rundown in bullet form:
-Made by Innova for Discmania
-Dismania "anhyzer top" combined with Firebird bottom wing
-Available in P(pro), S(star), and C(champion) line plastics
-P is neutral/slightly understable, S has slight high speed turn and strong fade, C is most overstable, though these are generalizations with exceptions
-Speed and range put it in between fairway and distance drivers
-Can fly great distance lines for power throwers, yet powers down (especially when seasoned) incredibly well

Others will add anything I didn't cover, but that's a good start.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Most of the first production stamped CPDs we accidentally run with the PLUS core and have more slanted rims. The latest run CPDs have this corrected and have standard cores.

We finally got some new run non-plus CPDs in at CDGS. We didn't get many in our order, but a few finally trickled in. The plastic feels like a hybrid between the plastic of the CFR CPDs and the CPD+ in both grip and stiffness. The domes are modest, but definitely much more present than on the CFRs.

I grabbed an orange 174 to test out. It was very impressive, pretty much exactly what I was hoping it would be. It was pretty much a hybrid of the CFR and PLUS runs in flight as well. The HSS was damn near zero, only showing a slightly delayed fade into a strong headwind. The glide was less than the PLUS and more than the CFRs, with the fade being more forward like the PLUS. It doesn't go quite as far as an average SPD, but it flew more rock solid in the wind. It is very much like a slightly faster, slightly stronger fading 11x Champ TB...A significant addition to the PD arsenal. It's already in the bag in place of my beat CFR.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
Hey discspeed, are there any distinguishing factors with this current run of C-Lines? Are they patent tooled? They sound right up my alley, but the mold hasn't caught on very much around here. I found a CFR (and a stack of 1st runs) leftover on the shelf.

Last edited by tbird888; 02-20-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
My ppds fly very seasoned eagle like with alot of turn right outta the box. If I put them on a good hyzer they will flip up, lock on a line and go. My spd flies like a seasoned dx teebird. My stock stamp cpd has minimal turn...like maybe 5 feet thrown flat. My dgr stamped cpd has no turn and flies like a champ teebird with a bit more fade just like discspeed said. One thing to note. The "turn" on these things is very angular like. Not smooth like a tl or Leo.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 28
I posted on dgr. Is there a way you could grab a non + for me? What weights did you get in?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 138
Send a message via AIM to New013
i'm still adjusting to my S-PD, but my P-PD is effortless distance. You can hyzerflip the crap out of it, throw long annys, or just do little one step tosses that go 350'. fun disc to throw.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 42
I was going to get a pd but after getting a DX teebird and being unsatisfied i am doing tons of research. i get a TL plus out like 300 and I can flip a ESP Stalker flat. What plastic choice/run is the best?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 5
Probably P to start out with, then maybe S.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 22
i have been throwing pds for about a year now and my favorites are the p or the non freak stamped s lines,

Old 02-20-2012, 10:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Are there any other discs made with this "anhyzer top," for comparison's sake? What exactly does this mean?