Old 02-21-2012, 08:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Hey discspeed, are there any distinguishing factors with this current run of C-Lines? Are they patent tooled? They sound right up my alley, but the mold hasn't caught on very much around here. I found a CFR (and a stack of 1st runs) leftover on the shelf.
Unfortunately the non-plus look exactly the same in terms of stamp and tooling. Even the plastic looks similar to the older ones. You have to flip it over and compare the slant to tell for sure.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2012, 09:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnasalberta View Post
I was going to get a pd but after getting a DX teebird and being unsatisfied i am doing tons of research. i get a TL plus out like 300 and I can flip a ESP Stalker flat. What plastic choice/run is the best?
I'd try a PPD in your normal weight or a sub-170s (they go all the way into the 150s) SPD. Honestly, I've never had an SPD I didn't like.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsstarnesj View Post
i have been throwing pds for about a year now and my favorites are the p or the non freak stamped s lines,
Just an FYI...Innova takes the same run of discs and puts both the Power Driver and Freak stamps on them. There are some early runs with only one or the other stamp on them, but most the ones I see now are identical.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
this thread seems as good as place as any, so what parts make up a disc? you have a wing, top and a core? where does each start and end?

PD has anny top, fb wing and two different cores (regular and +). anyone want to point them out w/ photoshop?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
ok, question. The pd2 is suppose to be more stable than the pd, right?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces_in_illinois View Post
ok, question. The pd2 is suppose to be more stable than the pd, right?
It's supposed to be faster, but with a similar stability (if thrown up to speed). Due to the speed it is definitely more LSS.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
It's supposed to be faster, but with a similar stability (if thrown up to speed). Due to the speed it is definitely more LSS.
thanks!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 56
May want to add that they had a small amount with a different top and maybe get a profile pic to show the difference.

So far i think ive thrown all types, S,p,c+,cfr and "pd top", havent thrown C non plus, my fav by far is S line, p's are great as well, c+ are meh but have their uses cfr was flat stiff and very beefy, liked the flight, hated the plastic
Old 02-21-2012, 10:29 AM
* Ace Member *

My favorite PDs for straight shots are seasoned small-dome SPDs. They hold the sweet spot a lot longer than the Ps, and when they get beat they make great predictable turnover drivers (even in the wind).

For hyzers I like the CPD+. They have a touch of high speed turn, but then fade hard. I also like domey SPDs for hyzers, but they start to lose their hard biting fade after a little wear. My CPD+ has been in my bag for a year and is still nice and LSS. These are the most underappreciated of the PD lineup imo, and they are as good as OOP now.

For wind I prefer a new CFR CPD (heavy wind) or a new non-plus CPD. The new CPDs aren't quite as overstable as the old CFRs, but they glide more and feel better in the hand while still holding their line in a headwind.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
My CPD+ has been in my bag for a year and is still nice and LSS. These are the most underappreciated of the PD lineup imo, and t
I have a couple + mold that I would trade you for the non +

My CFR Big D in Desert PD is beefy. It doesnt fly anything like a normal PD but thats why its great. Its a great utility disc, almost FB overstable