Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Tournaments

Old 03-26-2012, 01:23 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 815
Throwing Style: RHBH
Are there plans for the course to be in on a more permanent basis?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
Are there plans for the course to be in on a more permanent basis?
Havent seen anything on Iowadg about it so Im doubting it. This is the 3rd different tournament on ball golf courses in Iowa
Old 03-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 95
I highly doubt this course will be put in as a permanate course. But I am fairly optomistic that we will be able to do something out there again. We all behaved ourselves and drank a bunch of booze for them. My card talked to the guy in charge while I was buying beer at the club house. He was very pleased with how we were acting and wanted to get us out there again.

If you haven't played disc golf with carts yet it is a blast. The next event that I know of is Hub City, Sept 15 - 16th in Olwein, IA. This tournament is in it's fourth year and is also a ton of fun. Last year it was played on 2 nine holes ball golf courses. It seems we are truly spoiled in Iowa 4 years ago I thought playing with carts was going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Thanks to the hardwork of the TD's and the professionalism of the players we have annual events at ball golf courses.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 PM

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 2
We are opening a disc course on our ball golf course on April 5th. The course is Petersham Country Club in Petersham Ma and we have designed 18 holes of disc golf on our ball golf course. There are a couple of holes that will be on the regular ball course but most of them are in the woods or on the sides of the course. This is a new experience for us in the ball community but we are hoping that the disc community will be excited to fuse the two together.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
It was epic. Even after having to change the course last minute due to the somewhat inept groundskeeper, the course played well. I heard all skill levels claiming it was the best day of disc they'd ever played.

Signature Hole 2. If you land on the fairway you have a chance to get to the plateau, from which you can approach the green. If not, you don't birdie.