Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 185
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
Label the boxes maybe?
Nah, it just doesnt work for me. Get some new discs, fill up a box, then you have to re-label, resplit/configure. The box you want is always on the top shelf under another box. I think it will be wonderful to want to get out to a field and practice...look at all the discs displayed and pull the backups without having to go through 5 boxes to find them. It always ends with random stacks of discs everywhere not put back. I know that this is my failing...but sometimes you have to work with what you got. Although, I have a feeling that this rack will lead to the 7YO throwing new USDGC rocs all around the back yard...sigh..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Nah, it just doesnt work for me. Get some new discs, fill up a box, then you have to re-label, resplit/configure. The box you want is always on the top shelf under another box. I think it will be wonderful to want to get out to a field and practice...look at all the discs displayed and pull the backups without having to go through 5 boxes to find them. It always ends with random stacks of discs everywhere not put back. I know that this is my failing...but sometimes you have to work with what you got. Although, I have a feeling that this rack will lead to the 7YO throwing new USDGC rocs all around the back yard...sigh..
You can always build one of these for taking to the field with leftover PVC too. I built a rack like in this thread, but I also have a large storage box for my collectibles. It is nice having easier access to my useable plastic.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 45
I went on a long quest to find a place to store my discs (I probably have about 120 or so). I ended up at the container store, which is typically overpriced, but if you can't find something there, you won't be able to find it at any other brick and mortar retailer. After about an hour of searching I ended up finding that your typical 9x9x12 shipping box is the best bet. It fits about 20 +-2 discs, and costs about a buck fifty (1.50) per box. Maybe not the most permanent solution, but easily the cheapest. The next cheapest thing there cost 30 bucks and held maybe 30 discs, so I feel vindicated.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
OK. So I finally put all my discs onto my rack and snapped a pic. I modified the original idea to make use of different (and smaller) fittings, and it definitely doesn't have the same rigidity. I haven't entirely given up on my idea yet. I am going to glue the pieces together except for the top row so that there will be a little more strength but still room for possible expansion in case the glue works like I hope it will (if I ever get that motivated, that is).

Old 09-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 36
Good attempt! Hopefully glue works for ya!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:47 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 65
I have build several PVC disc containers, if you have a drill it is way easier to just use sheet metal screws on the PVC than using glue. It holds just fine and if you need to pull them back apart a screwdriver will do the job.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Here she is. Gonna add 2 more row for the discs that didn't fit. Top row figured I didnt need to close it off, just made those with scraps from poor planning... They will be easy to pull off. Also, as I was building, I thought maybe I should have had 4-ways for the bottom 3-ways and 5 ways for the bottom 4-ways. Have the extra hole point out and put a capped 3-4" piece of pipe sticking out to aid in stability. I might be able to do it if I turn the whole sucker upside down when I expand. These are not easy to get apart once you pound them together.

Also, half that top right side is pearly discs/pre barry, 1x valks...I dont have too much old stuff.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Discs Rack text.jpg (112.4 KB, 366 views)
Old 10-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Marketplace Guru

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Here she is. Gonna add 2 more row for the discs that didn't fit. Top row figured I didnt need to close it off, just made those with scraps from poor planning... They will be easy to pull off. Also, as I was building, I thought maybe I should have had 4-ways for the bottom 3-ways and 5 ways for the bottom 4-ways. Have the extra hole point out and put a capped 3-4" piece of pipe sticking out to aid in stability. I might be able to do it if I turn the whole sucker upside down when I expand. These are not easy to get apart once you pound them together.

Also, half that top right side is pearly discs/pre barry, 1x valks...I dont have too much old stuff.

strong work my good man!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:38 AM
* Ace Member *

I tried a row of 8" height pieces. So the bottom is 9", second from bottom 8", and all the rest 8.25". The best part about the open top is stackability. Pro-Rhynos bend too easy so I will probably keep them all lying flat.

Saved about 160" of PVC building it this way, guess thats really only $6, lol. The good thing is the 7-10 inches in height savings.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Marketplace Guru

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 245
looks like I need to build a second rack... my wife is gonna friggin kill me.