#81  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:46 PM
apdrvya's Avatar
apdrvya apdrvya is online now
Marketplace Guru
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 245
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,371
w00t!
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 09-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Scared_Discless's Avatar
Scared_Discless Scared_Discless is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Flossmoor, IL
Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERicJ View Post
On schedule-40 pipe there will usually be an ugly line of printing, when assembling make sure you orient the pipe such that the printing is facing the back so it won't show.
You can also wipe the printing off with a little acetone.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:34 AM
1978 1978 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charlotte, Nc
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,915
Anyone think of switching out the 4 - 3way and 2 4way's on the bottom for an extra "way" and purchase casters to make the rack roll? I see some use of tie backs to lock the rack into the wall. Is it stable enough to wheel around?

Also, does closing off the top level matter at all, structurally? Can you just have 5" pieces with caps for the top row?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:45 AM
1978 1978 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charlotte, Nc
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,915
Not a big deal but seems like it would save about $8-10 in material and add some versatility to the top shelf...bags, condors, Jaguars :-)
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 AM
ERicJ's Avatar
ERicJ ERicJ is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 188
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Anyone think of switching out the 4 - 3way and 2 4way's on the bottom for an extra "way" and purchase casters to make the rack roll? I see some use of tie backs to lock the rack into the wall. Is it stable enough to wheel around?
Casters would work fine on the 4x1 I built. I expect it would roll fine on a hard flat surface. However, the 8x2 I would not feel comfortable on wheels. Too unwieldy. When moving the height to width ratio would lend itself to very easily tipping over, and potentially 300lbs of plastic falling could be dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Also, does closing off the top level matter at all, structurally? Can you just have 5" pieces with caps for the top row?
Likely does not matter. However, with my recommended sizes you should still be able to store Condors and Jaguars.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:41 AM
apdrvya's Avatar
apdrvya apdrvya is online now
Marketplace Guru
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 245
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERicJ View Post
Casters would work fine on the 4x1 I built. I expect it would roll fine on a hard flat surface. However, the 8x2 I would not feel comfortable on wheels. Too unwieldy. When moving the height to width ratio would lend itself to very easily tipping over, and potentially 300lbs of plastic falling could be dangerous.


Likely does not matter. However, with my recommended sizes you should still be able to store Condors and Jaguars.
I can store a 50 mold midnight flyer easily in mine... That's a big mamajama...
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 09-26-2012, 12:37 PM
maansmit's Avatar
maansmit maansmit is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenfield, IN
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 35
Posts: 1,181
To build this or use plastic containers, that is the question...
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 09-26-2012, 01:18 PM
1978 1978 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charlotte, Nc
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,915
I have a bunch of plastic containers and disc boxes. I see the benefits to having boxes... like I can store them anywhere... but it would be interesting to be able to catelogue all the discs by type and name for easy access without having to dig through 20 boxes of discs. I also figured I could sell the completed rack on here to people not interested in doing the work to build one if it ceased to serve its purpose.

Accessories should arrive today, then its just buying the pipe at THD!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Lewis's Avatar
Lewis Lewis is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Marietta, GA
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
I have a bunch of plastic containers and disc boxes. I see the benefits to having boxes... like I can store them anywhere... but it would be interesting to be able to catelogue all the discs by type and name for easy access without having to dig through 20 boxes of discs.
Label the boxes maybe?
Reply With Quote
 

  #90  
Old 09-27-2012, 06:42 AM
MrFixIt's Avatar
MrFixIt MrFixIt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: JAWJUH
Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
Label the boxes maybe?
This.

Not to discount the PVC racks, those are cool too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.