Old 10-21-2014, 07:28 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHFH
Dying for a cause.

So it is almost that time of year again. Hazy shade in dayton ohio has a cool event every year to provide a merry christmas for a needy family in the area. Submissions. Submissions are due by thanksgiving. Every entry gets a free disc in return. Voying will be done and winner for the best disc recieves 5 free discs and 2nd place gets 2. All discs will be then auctioned off. 100% of the proceeds go towards buying food and toys for the family in need. For more details you can look them up on facebook (hazy shade disc golf and more) or call them at 937-256-2690.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHFH
Im no pro at it for sure, but i'll be submitting something
Old 10-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: LHBH
I've participated in this the last two years, it's a really cool thing they do down there. I'm glad it's getting talked about early, hopefully it really blows up this year. With all that sweet plastic that's going out with Ockthrowberfest there should be some great opportunities. It really suprised me the donations that can come out of dyeing and paying it forward. Last year I dye the disc I got back from Hazy Shade and auctioned it off for $50 at our Ice Bowl. At the previous years Ice Bowl('13) my also-ran entry to 'Throberfest '12 got $25 at auction.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:30 PM

This is legit then? Good I got a totally random message about it the other day and was somewhat taken by surprise from it, now that I know its for real, I will start getting my stuff ready.
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: LHBH
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hazy-...ation=timeline

Not sure if the link will work so I cut and pasted the text of their post on FB from Oct. 21st

From Hazy Shade Disc Golf and More:
It's time once again to start thinking about this year's Dying for a Cause. Entry's must be received by Thanksgiving. The contest and sales will start that weekend. Here's how it works. Dye any new disc with the art of your choosing (nothing offensive please). Send us or drop off your disc to the shop. Disc's will be displayed in store and on our Facebook page. Vote for your favorite in store or online with likes. At the same time we will list the discs for auction on ebay. 100% of the money raised from the sales will go to help a local family have a better Christmas. Winner will be determined by total likes plus highest $ amount raised. Everyone who enters a disc that sells in the auction will receive a equal value production disc in return. We do not cover limited or rare discs so please choose a disc wisely. Winner will receive 5 new production discs of there choice and second place will receive 2 new production discs of there choice. If you are out of town and mailing us a disc you cover shipping to us we will pay to ship back to you. Pictures will be posted of all the gifts we buy so you can see what your efforts went towards. This is the 4th year we have done this and have been able to make a big difference for a local family. Please help us make a difference.

Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Courses Played: 2
This sounds great. Count me in for sure. I wish there were these dying contests all year round. I just started a few months ago and it's all I can think about.