Old 12-17-2014, 12:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
FLYDYE: NOBODY BUYS THAT **** NO MORE

what do you guys think? as fellow dyers does it irk you when you see scores (seriously, go into GGGT sometime, they have hundreds) of ice/white discs with ink splattered randomly all over them?

personally it pisses me off. it's hard enough as it is to find those, especially with a specific PLH/dome/weight combo for us picky people, and the retailer dyes them, marks them up and then they sit because they are LAME AND NOBODY EVER WANTS THEM. except maybe the random chucker and those are like . . . 10 year old discs. always.

you'd think they'd learn a lesson from it but i keep seeing these crappy flydye jobs.

sorry if some of ya'll are the peeps that do it - everybody has to make a living, obviously - but stop taking my dye candidates for just a little while!

anybody else?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2014, 12:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
Some of them are cool. I fell victim to buying an I-dye Valkyrie back in the day, that of course just sits in a box. It's actually a decent design though. You're right about a lot of those dyes, they look very sloppy and ugly.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:13 AM
Banned

its mostly just gggt being out of touch.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Some of them are cool. I fell victim to buying an I-dye Valkyrie back in the day, that of course just sits in a box. It's actually a decent design though. You're right about a lot of those dyes, they look very sloppy and ugly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
its mostly just gggt being out of touch.
exactly; i like every tye dye/fly dye i see on here because i know it was done by someone for their disc and to learn/create something. even if it's not the "greatest" it has some sort of thought or rationale behind it even as a simple throwaway experiment.

if you're gonna commercialize it, please do something other than the american flag and camouflage for my disc - there's some pretty cool stuff on MST. i guess sometimes you can get lucky though.

just bugs me to see so much wasted potential especially when no-stamps in white are pretty much non-existent; if they're around they get snapped up quick. i'd pay 20$ for a no stamp white disc. peeps should make them only in white. maybe it'd cut down costs, i dunno. they certainly wouldn't have extra stock hanging around long, ala mvp.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHFH
I agree, most of them are pretty poorly done and aren't worth buying. Especially at a markup.

I have one tye dye diac in my bag, and if the color combo wasn't so good and it wasn't on a beautifully flat 12x FB(rare these days) I wouldn't have it either. Plus it was $7 not the $15+ many of the sites try to hock dyes for.

Give me a good clean stencil dye anyway.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:26 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 69
I haven't bought many, but they are fun as hell to make. And can turn out nice. Here are some I did (been a while since I have done one actually...)

Old 12-17-2014, 10:57 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
I am not a fly die fan. They are hard to find in the woods, they blend in.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:03 AM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 194
Yes, let's camouflage our discs to help speed round times and prevent teebox back-ups.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 172
I hate the godforsaken things, even if some look sweet.

That said, isn't this a case study of captialistic Darwinism at work? Manufacturers and retailers are for profit companies. They will make/carry stuff that moves and makes them money. If people didn't buy'em, manufacturers wouldn't make them and retailers would eventually see they don't move, and make it a point to avoid carrying them.

Regardless of your personal feelings, players speak with their wallets. Apparently, they're profitable enough to earn some marketshare.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 12-17-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 88
I am very partial to this particular design, but they only did one run of these about five years ago. I have two aces on the TeeBird and one on the Ion, so I doubly love them. The Star TeeBird is so perfectly seasoned that I could ace run a basket nine out of ten times with my eyes closed. The issue is is that I fear that one out of ten times will be such a misfire that I might lose the disc. Due to the irreplaceable nature of these discs, the TeeBird and 2nd run opaque Soft Ion in particular, I think I would literally cry if I lost them.