Old 03-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to EJBusch
If I didn't have a great condition Wraith I'm already looking to die, I'd probably buy that one, I really like them. It's the disc I most consistently get a good S out of.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:40 AM

Courses Played: 15
Champion Sidewinder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCP_2211.JPG (41.8 KB, 179 views)
Old 04-01-2012, 01:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 56
Send a message via ICQ to woodstock Send a message via Yahoo to woodstock Send a message via Skype™ to woodstock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subwire View Post
How do you dye the inside?
I dont know what vinyl your using, But mine is pretty forgiving so I can lay it out flat on the bottom and crinkle it up over the top. Then just pour the dye inside the disc. The good thing about doing it this way is that all the pigment suspended in the dye falls down on to the disc. When I dye on the top of the disc, Rather than folding the vinyl down under the bottom and floating the disc in the dye, I pull the vinyl up and form a bowl, Then just pour the warmed dye in. My colors have been alot deeper and it seems it takes half the time. I use a free styler catch disc to hold the shape of the bowl.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrnmbrsup View Post
I dont know what vinyl your using, But mine is pretty forgiving so I can lay it out flat on the bottom and crinkle it up over the top. Then just pour the dye inside the disc. The good thing about doing it this way is that all the pigment suspended in the dye falls down on to the disc. When I dye on the top of the disc, Rather than folding the vinyl down under the bottom and floating the disc in the dye, I pull the vinyl up and form a bowl, Then just pour the warmed dye in. My colors have been alot deeper and it seems it takes half the time. I use a free styler catch disc to hold the shape of the bowl.
Do you do this with the dye at room temp?
Old 04-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahyzer View Post
Anyone else ever just get bored and feel the need to dye something? A quick s/c marbling I did the other day. Colors didn't come out quite like I wanted but it looks good in the air!

How much time would it take a rookie to do marbling like this? Start to finish?
Old 04-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 56
Send a message via ICQ to woodstock Send a message via Yahoo to woodstock Send a message via Skype™ to woodstock
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJBusch View Post
Do you do this with the dye at room temp?
I heat the dye to about 100 degrees, Any hotter than that and the vinyl I use starts to lift. I use the free sample 3M stuff. If it doesnt get dark enough the first time, Because it cools so quickly, I just repeat the process.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

It's easy and fast, but I guess it depends on whether you need to mix your dye, if you want to thicken it, etc. My dyes are all ready to go, so I think total labor here was maybe 15 minutes, and I let this one sit for about 18 hours (longer than I planned, but you should expect at least 6-8 hours for star and 12-24 hours for champ...depends on the colors and effect you're going for). Labor involved was washing the disc with soap, filling the pan with shaving cream, leveling the surface, making a couple of circular impressions with a large funnel and a small pot, then applying the dye with a syringe, and using a chopstick to carve the lines and swirls. Then just plop the disc in and go do something else. Afterwards, give it a warm soapy wash, stick it in the freezer for awhile if you want to, and then I'll usually rinse/wash again once it thaws out. Super easy and you can do a lot with it just by itself or incorporated into complex dyes with stenciling or multiple colors/layers. Read through the marbling thread on here...lots of good stuff there.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrnmbrsup View Post
I heat the dye to about 100 degrees, Any hotter than that and the vinyl I use starts to lift. I use the free sample 3M stuff. If it doesnt get dark enough the first time, Because it cools so quickly, I just repeat the process.
Interesting. Might be worth giving a shot!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 39
need some help! i dont know if i should dye the background or foreground. if you think i should, what colors should i use, and how dark or light should i make those colors?!?

also its a glo destroyer, so idk if i should put a background or foreground cuz it will effect the glo ness of the disc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0475.jpg (115.5 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0476.jpg (66.0 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0480.jpg (117.3 KB, 152 views)

Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 39
done on a white ion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0482.jpg (119.3 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0483.jpg (93.9 KB, 39 views)