#1  
Old 02-29-2012, 01:54 PM
nevets4433 nevets4433 is online now
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 133
Quest Defender, is it Legal for use?

Hi guys. I'm really new to the game, and have picked up a hodgepodge of discs from friends to get started. I have figured out that my Quest Turbo Putt is illegal already, even though it says approved on the bottom of the disc. But my question is that I have a Quest Defender as well.

Is my Quest Defender a legal disc, or do i need to be getting rid of it too?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:02 PM
papamullins's Avatar
papamullins papamullins is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 425
http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/...scs_021412.pdf

I don't see it on the list of approved discs, so I would assume no.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:05 PM
nevets4433 nevets4433 is online now
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 133
ok. Thanks for the help.

Guess its back to the drawing board. I think stores should be more clearly marking discs that are not approved for use if they are going to continue to sell them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:05 PM
DiscJunkie's Avatar
DiscJunkie DiscJunkie is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 3,498
Wow, who knew.
I have one, but was never able to control it. Now I find out it was not legal?
No big loss, actually.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:06 PM
DiscJunkie's Avatar
DiscJunkie DiscJunkie is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 3,498
I would look for a lightweight, beat RoadRunner as a suitable replacement.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:13 PM
nevets4433 nevets4433 is online now
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscJunkie View Post
Wow, who knew.
I have one, but was never able to control it. Now I find out it was not legal?
No big loss, actually.
Yeah. I actually hate the disc. I have no idea where it is going when i throw it, but I am really new to the game and have pretty poor control, so I have been using it on holes where I'm afraid of losing discs and don't want to lose one of my "good" ones.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:19 PM
scarpfish's Avatar
scarpfish scarpfish is offline
Resident Grouch
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brownbackistan
Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 317
Posts: 6,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets4433 View Post
Hi guys. I'm really new to the game, and have picked up a hodgepodge of discs from friends to get started. I have figured out that my Quest Turbo Putt is illegal already, even though it says approved on the bottom of the disc. But my question is that I have a Quest Defender as well.

Is my Quest Defender a legal disc, or do i need to be getting rid of it too?

Thanks.
Unless you're planning on playing in PDGA sanctioned events, you don't need to be worrying about the "legality" of your discs. I mean, its not like there are disc gestapo battalions going about raiding people's bags, confiscating them, and sentencing their owners to 40 lashes or anything.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:25 PM
nevets4433 nevets4433 is online now
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
Unless you're planning on playing in PDGA sanctioned events, you don't need to be worrying about the "legality" of your discs. I mean, its not like there are disc gestapo battalions going about raiding people's bags, confiscating them, and sentencing their owners to 40 lashes or anything.
you're 100% right. I'm very far from any type of tournament form right now, that is for sure! I guess i'm just more frustrated than anything.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-29-2012, 06:47 PM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 172
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
...I mean, its not like there are disc gestapo battalions going about raiding people's bags, confiscating them, and sentencing their owners to 40 lashes or anything.
DAMNIT SCARP! You just took all the fun out of the game!
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 02-29-2012, 06:51 PM
ohtobediscing's Avatar
ohtobediscing ohtobediscing is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VW Vanagon
Years Playing: 35.3
Courses Played: 164
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets4433 View Post
you're 100% right. I'm very far from any type of tournament form right now, that is for sure! I guess i'm just more frustrated than anything.
Then you are already a master, Grasscutter, as any pro has voiced that the problem lies not with the archer, but with the arrow.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.