Disc Golf Store
Old 03-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 96
Throwing Style: RHBH
Blizzard Wraith/Destroyer

So I (yet again) have lost my beat pro wraith which is my bomber disc for max D. I was looking into these blizzard discs for my new max D disc, but I am nervous about turning and burning the disc. My question would be should I get a blizzard wraith or up the speed to a destoryer or boss to compensate for the low weight? I could throw my beat wraith about 450 before I lost it if it makes a difference. Thanks for the help
Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 87
Get the wraith, its flippy just like a pro wraith, the bosses are a bit more stable and not really like a beat pro wraith.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 44
If you are thinking Blizzard, then I would recommend a 150 Wraith. My experience so far with Blizzard is that the 150's fly very similar to their 175 counterparts in Pro plastic. I wouldn't go with anything other than the Wraith, because the Destroyers are quite a bit more stable than you probably want.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 53
my destroy is really stable. I can't flip it. I talked to another guy that has one and he said the same thing its surprisingly overstable for the weight. They are both 153g. My buddy has a boss that he claims is flippy not sure on weight on it though i've never seen him throw it.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 35
Send a message via AIM to superium
My 150 destro flys like a regular one but with more glide. I think once the discs are 140gm or less is when they change flight characteristics. I threw a 135 katana today and its almost impossible not to turn it over...but I still want one now.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 26.7
Courses Played: 1205
Throwing Style: LHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to danhyzer
I accidently threw my 139 blizzard boss in the drink at Portage Lakes DGC on # 14 today, and sure enough it was floating. And it will stay in my bag because of it. now I just wish Innova would make a floater that turns over like a blizzard Roadrunner or blizzard Sidewinder.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 46
Hit a couple trees with a blizzard destroyer and you got yourself the beginning of a nice roller.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by superium View Post
I think once the discs are 140gm or less is when they change flight characteristics..
Does anyone else find this to be true? Or at least find that at a certain weight tends to change the flight characteristics other than having more glide?
Old 03-11-2012, 10:29 PM

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 23
The Blizzard Wraiths, from my experience are like a nice beat up Pro Wraith. From the few times that I have thrown them they have held good lines. Definitely worth the pick up.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargentgeneral View Post
Does anyone else find this to be true? Or at least find that at a certain weight tends to change the flight characteristics other than having more glide?
I know that the 135 wraith I tried was really flippy and that the 148 boss I tried was plenty stable. I didn't try a heavier wraith but I've heard the 150ish ones are better especially if you're transitioning from throwing 175ish discs.

Also, I talked to someone on the course that was trying out a 136g wraith and claimed it was really flippy but you can never really tell with people you meet on the course if they know what they're talking about or not. It does agree with my experience though so maybe there's some truth to it.