Old 03-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 8
Is this legal?

Ok this came up this weekend in a causal round and didnít know if there were any rules against it. Basket is to the right side of the fairway and to the left is a hill with a drop off on the other side. My drive fades off over the hill pin high. I intentionally set my chair down in line with the basket so that when I got down the hill I would know where the basket was. We here talking about it and really couldnít think of anything that would make this illegal unless I actually hit my chair. Everyone was by the basket so my chair wasnít in anyones way.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Banned From the Trilogy

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikias View Post
Ok this came up this weekend in a causal round and didnít know if there were any rules against it. Basket is to the right side of the fairway and to the left is a hill with a drop off on the other side. My drive fades off over the hill pin high. I intentionally set my chair down in line with the basket so that when I got down the hill I would know where the basket was. We here talking about it and really couldnít think of anything that would make this illegal unless I actually hit my chair. Everyone was by the basket so my chair wasnít in anyones way.
Not legal. You cannot alter the playing surface in front of your lie. This includes setting your bag or chair down.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharris View Post
Not legal. You cannot alter the playing surface in front of your lie. This includes setting your bag or chair down.
Which rule are you citing?
Old 03-19-2012, 03:36 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 585
Throwing Style: RHBH
You can't put equipment in front of your lie that might get struck with the disc and other players may ask you to move your equipmet to avoid possible contact (Interference 803.07A). In this situation, you could ask another player to briefly stand in your line to the pin so you can get a bearing and then move out of the way before you throw. You also might be able to identify a ground feature you can still see to help line up your shot before you drop too far down to see the pin.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 8
^^^This

This was a casual round so we where not worried about it at the time but Cgk is right.

803.07 Says
Players shall not stand or leave their equipment where interference with the flight or path of a disc could easily occur.

Being that I was throwing right at it then it would fall under this.