Old 09-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 14
Critique my course, Designed and built in 48 hours.

Hey all, Here is some news about my temp course I built in Dawson Creek BC Canada. I am hopeful for a deluxe 18 hole basket course in the future.

http://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/news...ncil-1.1377433

https://audioboo.fm/boos/2481128-dis...ource=facebook

The 2nd photo is from teepad #2, looking towards the target 2. Hole 2 through 6 are in this area, with holes going clockwise.

There are a lot of superhole potential opportunities here. Like once you finish hole 9, go to teepad 2 or 3 and shoot back over river to hole 1 target.

Keep in mind, i designed and built this course in 48 hours. I designed it so that new players wouldn't be too intimidated, but where it still allowed average players to differentiate themselves in strokes from beginners.

I used eco spikes to support the 4x4 posts, and used pvc sewer piping, 6 inches for targets. This allows easy alternate holes to be put in or removed/changed. Later on I might use fire extinguishers or stove pipe and drop it on the posts. Also, I know the posts are a little tall, I didn't have time to cut them all lower. I work in the oil/gas and by the time I get back home in a few weeks, it'll probably be snowing, so I wanted the course in fast so the city council members can play it before it gets too cold.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:39 PM
Bogey Member

The photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg example9low.jpg (150.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 2through6low.jpg (145.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg ChamberlainBarbareeCourse (2).jpg (153.5 KB, 44 views)
Old 09-21-2014, 09:45 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 10
Doesnt look half bad man! Great effort, hats off to you. The only issue I see, is if theres a groups on 7/8/9 at once. Discs going off the fairway to the fairways of the previous hole, or the fairway crossing that basket.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric40817 View Post
Doesnt look half bad man! Great effort, hats off to you. The only issue I see, is if theres a groups on 7/8/9 at once. Discs going off the fairway to the fairways of the previous hole, or the fairway crossing that basket.

Yeah, that is a bottle neck there, but it's not a busy road. But if neighbors complain, I can see i might have to re arrange. Like have have regular teepad 7 near where the advanced teepad is now, and move basket toward better tree grouping, or further from road.

The city only seemed concerned regarding 6, I moved teepad and basket to the rights of their respective tree cluster, forcing 99 percent of players to do a back hand right hand shot away from the road a little bit more.

Maybe I can get some more trees planted along the road where basket 7/9 is? I like that 7, 8, 9 areas because they are low canopy shots, and they even out the RHBH bias of the other 6 holes. Flicks do well for low these low shots.

attached is an edit for 7, 8, 9
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7through9changeup.jpg (147.3 KB, 22 views)

Old Yesterday, 01:32 AM
Bogey Member

I was able to come back to town this weekend and move targets 7/8/9. I also devised some Advanced/pro Holes and tournament holes.

Maps attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCCourseSept27small.jpg (152.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DCCourseSept27Protournsmall.jpg (155.6 KB, 7 views)