Old 01-24-2015, 08:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 40.7
Courses Played: 190
Adjustable Targets

I heard the the Pro Bowl is going to make the goal posts closer together for point after kicks, and leave them at the regular distance for field goals.

I don't know or care if that is true or not, nor how they can do it. But...

It got me to thinking. What if we could adjust the difficulty of our targets quickly and easily enough to adjust them as often as before each player throws?

What would be the fun or challenging (yet fair) ways to enhance the game by using adjustable targets?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2015, 09:38 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.3
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
I feel this is already done with multiple tee pads and multiple baskets on holes.

For the pro bowl, they're just experimenting with a narrower goal post all together, 20% narrower. They're hoping to force teams in to 4th down conversions instead of just kicking for 3 points.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 115
Not that I think it's a good idea, but the only thing that comes to mind would be adjusting them to make them harder when a player is inside the 10-meter circle.

Being adjustable between rounds, or as a setup for tournaments, might work. But to adjust them as often as before each player throws? A little like RIPT?

Old Yesterday, 01:17 AM

Courses Played: 19
Only thing I could see making a basket adjustable on the fly is like a folding portable, like a Mach lite- but with another pin slot for the basket a little farther down so it would be smaller, and less likely to catch the disc.

Or if inside the circle, tournament officials deploy your wife or significant other near the basket and they get to throw skittles or other small confections at your head while chanting "disc golf is for dorks!" That may be a similar effect.