Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huk Finn View Post
'It kept getting closer and closer.. What is that? Then it hit me!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonks View Post
I've never understood why people laugh if they hit someone or almost hit someone. It doesn't feel good when you get hit trust me. Next time give a little more notice and don't ever complain if you hit someone and then laugh and you have someone get in your face.
I wait for people to clear on to the next hole always. I'm not one of the jerks on the course. I didn't complain either? My friend was laughing, I was laughing, & the guy's girlfriend was laughing.. If he had gotten in my face, I'd be calling him out on his flaws. Nothing he can really do. He could punch me in the face but I could do the same. It's really not a situation that is likely to happen in Disc Golf. Most novice players should know that when you tee off a disc is about to be thrown. I've had people climb up dirt piles in front of me and I had to explain to them never to do that. It comes to a point where it's just common sense.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:06 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
If you are dumb enough to get hit with a disc when people yell FORE and keep screaming at you to watch out but you are not paying any attention and get hit, its super funny. LL wood has a side walk the runs through the course and is used a lot by joggers and etc...my buddy throws a 300-320 drive and its headed straight for a joggers head, its misses by inches and we were yelling and screaming for the jogger to get out of the way but NOPE was wearing a mp3 player while running around the frisbee course....and if the jogger got hit....it would of been funny.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 32
I've been hit by discs on fairways where I was halfway done with a long hole, and someone pegged me without giving me any warning they were throwing. Next time it happens, I'm going to grab their disc, and bomb it into the woods. Or throw it back.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:18 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post

I wait for people to clear on to the next hole always. I'm not one of the jerks on the course. I didn't complain either? My friend was laughing, I was laughing, & the guy's girlfriend was laughing.. If he had gotten in my face, I'd be calling him out on his flaws. Nothing he can really do. He could punch me in the face but I could do the same. It's really not a situation that is likely to happen in Disc Golf. Most novice players should know that when you tee off a disc is about to be thrown. I've had people climb up dirt piles in front of me and I had to explain to them never to do that. It comes to a point where it's just common sense.
We're going to just have to agree to disagree on our philosophies on this subject then.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craton View Post
I've been hit by discs on fairways where I was halfway done with a long hole, and someone pegged me without giving me any warning they were throwing. Next time it happens, I'm going to grab their disc, and bomb it into the woods. Or throw it back.
I'm right there with ya. I've been hit as I'm stepping away from getting my putter out of the basket. The guy started laughing but didn't think it was funny when I got pissed and threw it back.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:24 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 17
One time, I was helping out with a district track meet judging discus.. And now I have a dent in my shin. * that was 11 years ago * Still reminds me to watch for flying objects.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:32 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankuVryMuch View Post
One time, I was helping out with a district track meet judging discus.. And now I have a dent in my shin. * that was 11 years ago * Still reminds me to watch for flying objects.
I thought this story was going in a whole nother direction when I read those first two words.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookyspence View Post
If you are dumb enough to get hit with a disc when people yell FORE and keep screaming at you to watch out but you are not paying any attention and get hit, its super funny. LL wood has a side walk the runs through the course and is used a lot by joggers and etc...my buddy throws a 300-320 drive and its headed straight for a joggers head, its misses by inches and we were yelling and screaming for the jogger to get out of the way but NOPE was wearing a mp3 player while running around the frisbee course....and if the jogger got hit....it would of been funny.
Exactly. You need to be paying attention. I've been hit with a disc before. It doesn't feel good but still. You can't really think your never gonna get hit by a disc. If someone truly hits you on accident and your gonna cry about it then whatever maybe you shouldn't be playing sports. When FORE is yelled that means watch out. You always need to be alert. Disc Golf, Swimming, Football, or Baseball it's all the same. Be aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craton View Post
That is so much different though. I wait for people to get done. I totally agree with you if they are on the same hole and someone throws it. Take there disc and throw it in the woods. Teach them some common sense. Imagine if your on a hole and someone just runs on to the fairway. Is it your fault or the other person? That's kinda what happened.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:05 AM
Par Member

i have been hit square in the mouth, chipped my front tooth by a rogue Nuke, its Nooooooo fun.
i still have that bastards Nuke! it cost me my tooth and $1700 in dental bills. Most expensive disc I still have in my bag. juat be careful next time.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.4
Courses Played: 81
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
So there was this guy throwing a Frisbee ahead of me. Yes, a Frisbee. Not a disc. Anyways him and his girlfriend were super slow and the people ahead of us just left. Anyways the guy gets done and moves to the next hole.. Now keep in mind this is my first throw. I have a 175g Sidewinder in my hand and launch it. I see the disc going to the right so I yell "4!!".. He looks dead at the disc now within about 15ft of him.. He just stand there and gets nailed. I started cracking up because what are the odds.. But anyways I walked over there and he said something to me.. Wasn't mad or anything but wow.. His girlfriend was laughing hard too. Really awesome first drive. I wouldn't be loving it so much had he gotten hurt but maybe you should move when a disc is coming at you.. Not just stand there.
That's why he didn't move, you yelled 4 instead of fore.