Old 04-06-2012, 08:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
DX Stingray or Cobra, DX XD, DX Aviar, or of course the Stratus...

Baseline plastic is your friend at those distances
Old 04-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
If you dont like the idea of the fuse then try a discraft meteor. Nice and straight at lower power but will flip up when thrown hard with hyzer. It should feel pretty good in your hand if youre already used to using discraft mids.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:10 PM

Courses Played: 8
gl or test material fuse
Old 04-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 21
Gateway Element. Slightly more understable in S plastic. My E HPP Element is my favorite disc, period. Stop reading this and purchase one right now.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Flying Squirrel. It sounds like it's perfect for the distances you want if you're not throwing a putter, and it doesn't suffer from the power down problems the Meteor has.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

For that distance, go with a neutral putter. A beat up XD or a really beat up dx Stringray would work well, too. The Stratus is a winner there as well, but it will require some touch and practice. Wedge is another idea, but personally I much prefer the feel of a good worn XD to the rim on the Wedge. Those discs will be your best bet for a flat turn. Your Axis can be used for that too, if there is a little height and cut rolling won't be a huge problem. Safest bet overall is a slow putter.

I love the Fuses I have but I wouldn't recommend it for what you want here...however, the test/base material might be worth a shot with that disc (similar to the idea of a beat Stringray).
Old 04-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 2
I don't really like the idea of baseline plastics. all the local courses are heavily wooded and at my current skill levels baseline discs last about 2 weeks till they turn into jagged turn and burners.

On that note does anyone want to trade a proline Aftershock for an inked 7.5/10 orange glow ion 175g or 6 dye stencils in the images of their choice?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: LHBH
I use an elite x Stratus for that role in my bag. It is definitely floppy enough and powers down very well.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj1001 View Post
I don't really like the idea of baseline plastics. all the local courses are heavily wooded and at my current skill levels baseline discs last about 2 weeks till they turn into jagged turn and burners.
Premium plastic discs just don't turn at the distances you've listed. Even understable stuff like ESP Meteors and GL Fuses are often stable up to 250'-300' fresh out of the box, and can take a long time to beat into understable on 150' shot.

Everyone plays wooded courses, and that's where baseline plastic really shines. When you're in the open, you don't need to carve crazy understable lines because you can just throw a hyzer with a Drone.

I strongly encourage you to try an XD, Stingray, or even Aviar in DX plastic for this shot. You could even go to a play it again sports and drop 4 bucks on a used one that will be fliptastic right away.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 12
Test Material Fuse in a lighter weight. Just gets better and better as it beats in a bit. My TM kicked my GL out of my bag.

Last edited by Um...; 04-06-2012 at 08:55 PM.