Old 01-31-2013, 01:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Does a new year mean new plastic for you?

Just curious.. cause I know in about a month I'm going to be looking for 3 identical new 175g DX Rocs that I can rotate in as my overstable mid and those 3 should last me through the summer. The one I'm using now as overstable is slowly turning in to my stable, and my stable is slowing turning in to understable. While my understable is slowly turning in to not being in the bag any more. I'll also be buying 4 brand new black 175g SSS Wizards from Gateway around the same time. What are your guys' plans, if any, for buying new plastic for the 2013 season? If it hasn't already started, cause I know you warmer states (bastards) get to play year round.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 AM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 317
Don't know if its cabin fever, or just the urge to try out some new molds, but I've already acquired 13 discs since the start of the year.

And its only January.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:49 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
My bag has stayed pretty consistent since last winter with the exception of understable mid. I was having a little issue finding exactly what I wanted but I have that worked out. I always have backups and if the price is right get more. But I am not looking for any new molds.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 53
Not a big fan of buying new plastic, try to stick with used stuff from trades. I might splurge on some of these new companies this year.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 AM
Par Member

Read the any disc/any plastic thread that started a couple weeks ago and it got me dreaming. Then I discovered the Innova Factory Store about a week ago.
Dreams came true. Star Vipers and Champion Cobras in the mail

I'll probably try a McAviar too since I'm Aviar P/A guy just to see how they feel.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:54 AM
Eagle Member

There are so many molds I want to try, but I actually doubt I will. I want to try some Vibram putters, especially the Summit. I saw someone absolutely crush a PD and it was a thing of beauty. I briefly tested some MVP discs other than my beloved Ion and Anode and would like to mess around with them. I just don't think I'll have enough time to test many discs, since it takes me a while to get a good sense of a mold and I tend to stick with them for a long time just to see what they can do.

I have purchased one disc that just arrived today though actually: a 1.1 SOLF that is really ridiculously grippy. I'm excited to try it out and see how it fits with my other OLFs, but it's pretty snowy out and slated to be in the single digits here for the next few days.

So I might get to one or two of the molds I want to test, but it takes me so long to get to know them that I'm sure my backlog will only grow and grow through 2013.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
I think there is a balance between what you know and trust, and what looks new and interesting, which is complicated by how well you actually know and throw the plastic you already have.

I know I have more discs than I need, and own several I've never even thrown, but throwing new plastic is fun, and a new disc doesn't cost much more than going out for a few beers or seeing a movie.

I play almost every day weather permitting, or even not in some cases, but I feel like I'm getting great entertainment value from each of my discs.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 102
I added a Lace, but I ahve already seen my scores drop significantly.

I am guessing the scores are dropping because my putting practice has been really fruitful recently, not because I added the Lace.

The Lace did replace three discs in my bag and should replace a couple more, I just can't bare to take the others out just yet.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Put my gummy champ rhyno in the bag , added a roc3 and I just beat my best score at my local course by 5!, went from +2 to -3 .

Old 01-31-2013, 02:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyThunders View Post
I just beat my best score at my local course by 5!, went from +2 to -3 .
Woo!