Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
My best putter is ...

a Shark.

I haven't tried many putters - Aviar P & A is the one I own, and I like it, but I've thrown a friend's Rubber Putter, and that's about it. Hope to try a Pure this week. The Avair sits in my bag at home

I keep a Shark and a Valkyrie in my desk at work, where I can slip away for a quick 9 holes at the course about 5 minutes away. All the approach and putting are done with this Shark.

Anyhoo, I've been banging in putts or just missing from 50-100 feet with a Shark. For a noob, it's uncanny, but I feel it with this disc.

Let this be a testimonial to knowing a disc well, because I played my first 30-40 rounds with nothing but this Shark and its 2 gram lighter sibling (175-77).
Old 11-07-2012, 06:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Yep, whatever works for you my friend. Some guys putt with Rocs too. And the Dart is basically a slow glidey midrange/putter. I've putt with my Axis before if I'm close enough to the basket.

Many discs can perform both rolls as approach, and putt.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

I also find the shallow rim easier to control than the deep rim of most putters; however, I need to throw gentle hyzers with a Shark as opposed to straight in with a straight flying putter.

Discovering and learning the capabilities of a particular disc ... so little time, so many juicy new discs....
Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 PM

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 23
Whatever works... but

I agree completely with BigSky on the whatever works, however... If you ever play on a really windy course you would probably prefer like a rhyno or even a kc pro aviar. Just saying... Putters are putters and it's all personal preference, but some perform better than others in certain conditions. My fave right now is a SS Wizard. I have two of them max weight (~178g) that I use for almost everything 100' in.

Last edited by Nasastevo; 11-07-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: left out some stuff...
Old 11-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 66
Probably Anode or Ion, just because they're so great at putting and driving.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasastevo View Post
I agree completely with BigSky on the whatever works, however... If you ever play on a really windy course you would probably prefer like a rhyno or even a kc pro aviar. Just saying... Putters are putters and it's all personal preference, but some perform better than others in certain conditions. My fave right now is a SS Wizard. I have two of them max weight (~178g) that I use for almost everything 100' in.
Again, I'm the voice of ignorance on putters. I like my Aviar, but that is for real golf outings, not slipping away for a quick one. Perhaps having a putter in my drawer ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by knettles View Post
Probably Anode or Ion, just because they're so great at putting and driving.
Got a bid in on an Anode on ebay - like the idea of a straight flyer. Looking at the Pure for that reason as well.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to whiplash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Got a bid in on an Anode on ebay - like the idea of a straight flyer. Looking at the Pure for that reason as well.
Pure. FTW. Opto for drives and approaches and zero for banging chains. Get one, you will love it. Truly a point and shoot disc.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 16
RFF Magic
Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 24
I have two main and best putters. My go to is a black Soft Focus with standard stamp minus the silver Discraft and Elite X stamp. My second go to is a Black Big Jerm Soft Focus, also with out standard Discraft and Elite X stamps. For my mid-range upshots I have a "watermelon" E-Mac

Old 11-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 34
RFF Wizard would be my first putter that I've had success with. I have bought many, I don't like many of em. I learned how to putt atleast a little with my wizard and I'd say I'm okay at putting, but I can easily do what I do with any disc that feels comfortable. Lol