Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 24
For those who live in Chicago area, might be good time to go to clinic hosted by NSDG:

For those who don't know who NSDG are, NSDG is a crew of 4 top ranked touring professional: Nikko Locastro, David Feldberg, Will Schusterick and Cale Leiviska. Def worth going to that clinic.

Via Non Stop Disc Golf Facebook:

It's is official! Non Stop Disc Golf is hosting a clinic at Channahon Community Park in Joliet, IL prior to the league that starts at 5:30. Sign ups for the clinic start at 2pm and the clinic begins at 3pm. The clinic will cost $25 a person. We heard about lots of Disc Golf love in the Chicago area, hope to see everyone there!!!

We will have a special guest at the Non Stop Clinic today! Catrina Allen, one of the top women professionals in the world, will be with us helping teach at Channahon Park! Spread the words to the ladies in the area!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 811rv View Post
For those who live in Chicago area, might be good time to go to clinic hosted by NSDG:

For those who don't know who NSDG are, NSDG is a crew of 4 top ranked touring professional: Nikko Locastro, David Feldberg, Will Schusterick and Cale Leiviska. Def worth going to that clinic.

Via Non Stop Disc Golf Facebook:

It's is official! Non Stop Disc Golf is hosting a clinic at Channahon Community Park in Joliet, IL prior to the league that starts at 5:30. Sign ups for the clinic start at 2pm and the clinic begins at 3pm. The clinic will cost $25 a person. We heard about lots of Disc Golf love in the Chicago area, hope to see everyone there!!!

We will have a special guest at the Non Stop Clinic today! Catrina Allen, one of the top women professionals in the world, will be with us helping teach at Channahon Park! Spread the words to the ladies in the area!
Can you link me? I am interested.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
I believe the same people will be doing a clinic for the St. Louis Open on Thursday or Friday. That's next week.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Im dgcr-creepin on you Dan
Old 04-25-2012, 04:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Video, fairway drivers, line shaping, distance lines

Do Not! Make the mistake of learning how to throw distance lines and think that itll be applicable to more than 1% of the throws you will ever make in a competetive round, but it would be a nice skill to have when u need it
Old 04-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax11 View Post
Can you link me? I am interested.
I would suggest to get into NSDG's Facebook page so you can get in touch with crew that way.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 11
I am reading folks describe "releasing" the disc, I think this is misleading.

You do NOT release the disc on a distance drive, you accelerate the disc and it rips out of your hand regardless how strongly you try to hold it. That rip out of your hands is the primary factor in imparting spin to the disc, which keeps it from fading out as long as the spin is strong enough, am I wrong in my understanding or how I am describing that?
Old 04-25-2012, 08:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 138
Send a message via AIM to New013
correct, the disc should rip from your hand and a lot of people release to early because they are simply letting it go. your grip should be at its strongest right before the disc rips from your hand. i see a lot of people short arm their distance throws and not get full extension at the shoulder.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.4
If you feel a burn on your index finger you are not using a power grip.

Last edited by The dude on the bike; 04-26-2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: He throws a mini 600'

Old 04-26-2012, 06:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 15
yeah i would watch the Disc golf monthys 94 and 95.

maybe even contact the guys that make it see if they could/would add subtitles. maybe innova would do this too.

lots of deaf players in my area and would be nice if they had deaf friendly tutorials. Gallaudet