Old 04-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
Help me suck less, please (driving video)

I'm looking for any advice on how to add a bit to my distance, eventuall I would like to break 400' but realistically I'd like to hit 350' on a fairly consistent basis.

Here's some of my distances (estimated, and measured on a football field).

Wizard - 225'
Buzz/Warship - around 250'
Teebird - around 275'

Furthest throw - Sword 300-325' (end one one end zone to almost beginning of opposing end zone)

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

I've starting playing practice rounds with only mids/putters, these drives are with mids.

Buzzz
Warship
Drone
Buzzz

All went around 225'

Looks like I'm throwing nose up as well

If you've read this far thank you for taking a look!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 106
Kudos for throwing putters and mids and keep with them. However your footwork ain't helping at all, it's putting you in a terrible stance to throw from. Since you are try to shift back you get stuck leaning back at the hit. Learn snap from a standstill in a more closed stance. Check out the hammer pound drills in the technique sticky and work the hit backwards adding extra footwork later.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
your stopping your follow through and thus leaning back during your throw. this causes you to throw nose up and your shots don't go that far. work on leaning forward during your follow through and really fluidly following through.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 114
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to ElementZ Send a message via Skype™ to ElementZ
You are throwing 100% with your arm (known as strong arming). Twist your hips first, then shoulders, and only then do you accelerate with your arm. Work on this.

Also, make sure you pivot on your heel, not your toes.

You have a very quick arm. If you can learn to twist your core first, you're going to have a bomber arm.

Last edited by ElementZ; 04-22-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll work on some of this in the fields in the next few weeks