#321  
Old 07-26-2012, 11:07 AM
throwfromthewoods's Avatar
throwfromthewoods throwfromthewoods is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY
Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
Really? I was just going to go to 2 different ACE races to get 2. I still may, I'm just getting into this and it would be nice to get out and meet people around the area.
Depends on your area. The $25 doesn't just get you a player's pack. It also gets you a day of running at the chains with fellow DGers. If you have 2 in your area I'd suggest going to both as opposed to buying 2 packs for one tourney.
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 07-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Osmo's Avatar
Osmo Osmo is offline
*I whine a lot*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grape Country
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
Really? I was just going to go to 2 different ACE races to get 2. I still may, I'm just getting into this and it would be nice to get out and meet people around the area.
Usually they have pre registrations for them and thats when its best to order 2 or 3 or 4. No guarantee that when you show up they will have extras to sell. TDs usually buy enough to cover the pre registrations and then a few extras but not to many because they have to pay for them out of pocket.
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 07-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Osmo's Avatar
Osmo Osmo is offline
*I whine a lot*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grape Country
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
Depends on your area. The $25 doesn't just get you a player's pack. It also gets you a day of running at the chains with fellow DGers. If you have 2 in your area I'd suggest going to both as opposed to buying 2 packs for one tourney.
If you have the time ofcourse. I can only make it to one so im just buying both there. But if i had the choice id rather play in 2 ace races!
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 07-26-2012, 12:21 PM
loki993 loki993 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Holly, Mi
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
Depends on your area. The $25 doesn't just get you a player's pack. It also gets you a day of running at the chains with fellow DGers. If you have 2 in your area I'd suggest going to both as opposed to buying 2 packs for one tourney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmo View Post
If you have the time ofcourse. I can only make it to one so im just buying both there. But if i had the choice id rather play in 2 ace races!
Yeah oh course, that way I was probably going to do both. The one is very close to me and the other isn't very far either, its at least an area I'm in enough to make it easy to drive down there. Also neither is until September so I can pay for one this month and the other one next month if I need to.
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 07-26-2012, 12:23 PM
jhunt410 jhunt410 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fresno
Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 42
Posts: 158
From Ace Race Facebook page:

2012 Proto: A Hybrid Driver!

The 2012 Ace Race prototype disc is officially classified as a long range driver, but it could be more accurately described as a hybrid driver and is superb for running aces! Faster than a Buzzz but slower than a Stalker, the disc offers players controlled fairway shots. At medium to fast speeds this disc will hold the line to finish with a slight hyzer. Give it a rip!
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 07-26-2012, 12:25 PM
jcf5083's Avatar
jcf5083 jcf5083 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bexley, OH
Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,319
Ace Race Disc Announced

From Discraft's Facebook Page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discraft
‎2012 Proto: A Hybrid Driver!

The 2012 Ace Race prototype disc is officially classified as a long range driver, but it could be more accurately described as a hybrid driver and is superb for running aces! Faster than a Buzzz but slower than a Stalker, the disc offers players controlled fairway shots. At medium to fast speeds this disc will hold the line to finish with a slight hyzer. Give it a rip!

Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 07-26-2012, 12:25 PM
MrGlass01's Avatar
MrGlass01 MrGlass01 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Glarus, WI
Posts: 3,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt410 View Post
From Ace Race Facebook page:

2012 Proto: A Hybrid Driver!

The 2012 Ace Race prototype disc is officially classified as a long range driver, but it could be more accurately described as a hybrid driver and is superb for running aces! Faster than a Buzzz but slower than a Stalker, the disc offers players controlled fairway shots. At medium to fast speeds this disc will hold the line to finish with a slight hyzer. Give it a rip!
hmmmm teebirdish?
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 07-26-2012, 12:26 PM
deadbody's Avatar
deadbody deadbody is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 94
Posts: 660
So basically an overstable leopard?
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 07-26-2012, 12:26 PM
bradharris's Avatar
bradharris bradharris is online now
Banned From the Trilogy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Merrimack, NH
Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 70
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
hmmmm teebirdish?
Sounds more like a stable to overstable Glide
Reply With Quote
 

  #330  
Old 07-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Aubin Aubin is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Milford, CT
Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 30
Posts: 246
nice sounds fun.... max weight 179g, another large diameter disc. sounds like a large diameter leopard.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.