#831  
Old 08-30-2012, 04:40 PM
6.5swede 6.5swede is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tennessee
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 196
I have an ESP stalker that is dead straight if I keep it low. This disc just seems to do it much easier. Mine is marked170-172 so it's lighter. It holds an anny much easier than a stalker. It hasn't booted anything out of my bag yet. I haven't had it long and have only used it in field practice because I have 2 tourneys next weekend and didn't figure I could use it for tourney play yet. I will def. start using it after next weekend. Even my mids have more movement so I am liking the straight flight def. a tunnel disc
Reply With Quote
  #832  
Old 08-30-2012, 05:07 PM
tdschrock1's Avatar
tdschrock1 tdschrock1 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 925
ARD 2012 is to stalker
As eagle is to teebird
Reply With Quote
  #833  
Old 08-30-2012, 05:24 PM
6.5swede 6.5swede is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tennessee
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone2 View Post
ARD 2012 is to stalker
As eagle is to teebird
I'll agree with that. They are very similar in flight and feel.
Reply With Quote
  #834  
Old 08-30-2012, 07:33 PM
kutz167's Avatar
kutz167 kutz167 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5swede View Post
I have an ESP stalker that is dead straight if I keep it low. This disc just seems to do it much easier. Mine is marked170-172 so it's lighter. It holds an anny much easier than a stalker. It hasn't booted anything out of my bag yet. I haven't had it long and have only used it in field practice because I have 2 tourneys next weekend and didn't figure I could use it for tourney play yet. I will def. start using it after next weekend. Even my mids have more movement so I am liking the straight flight def. a tunnel disc
Be careful not to use it in any PDGA sanctioned tournaments. The disc is not yet PDGA approved, and as such, may get you DQ'ed from a tournament depending on the TD's mood. It probably won't be approved until late October or early November.
Reply With Quote
  #835  
Old 08-30-2012, 10:12 PM
6.5swede 6.5swede is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tennessee
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 196
Yep it's gonna sit out for a while. I played tonight and threw a few second drives to test it out on the course. Wow! Dead straight, hyzer if u want to, anny if u want to. Whichever line I put it on it held it. If anyone has a 170-172 any color I'd get another1. Looks like I won't be able to enter 1so I'll have to just trade or buy more of them.
Reply With Quote
  #836  
Old 08-30-2012, 10:40 PM
kutz167's Avatar
kutz167 kutz167 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5swede View Post
Yep it's gonna sit out for a while. I played tonight and threw a few second drives to test it out on the course. Wow! Dead straight, hyzer if u want to, anny if u want to. Whichever line I put it on it held it. If anyone has a 170-172 any color I'd get another1. Looks like I won't be able to enter 1so I'll have to just trade or buy more of them.
You might be able to pay the fee and just have the TD mail you the player's pack. At the event I played, there were a number of people that did this, and the TD made sure to hold some discs out for them.
Reply With Quote
  #837  
Old 08-30-2012, 11:09 PM
6.5swede 6.5swede is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tennessee
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 196
Might do that close ones may be conflicting with wrk.
Reply With Quote
  #838  
Old 08-31-2012, 07:04 PM
mzuleger's Avatar
mzuleger mzuleger is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Menasha, WI
Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 23
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone2 View Post
ARD 2012 is to stalker
As eagle is to teebird
I disagree, The ARD is more understable... unless you're comparing it to a beat in dx eagle... then I suppose I can see the comparison. But I've never thrown a champ eagle that flips as easily as this does.


for clarification, are you thinking eagle or eagle-L? Either way I think the ARD is understable by comparison but it's def closer to and EL.
Reply With Quote
  #839  
Old 08-31-2012, 07:54 PM
plastic cannon's Avatar
plastic cannon plastic cannon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eugene, ORYGUN
Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzuleger View Post
I disagree, The ARD is more understable... unless you're comparing it to a beat in dx eagle... then I suppose I can see the comparison. But I've never thrown a champ eagle that flips as easily as this does.


for clarification, are you thinking eagle or eagle-L? Either way I think the ARD is understable by comparison but it's def closer to and EL.
I don't believe he was comparing the disc to a eagle at all.
Quote:
ARD 2012 is to stalker
As eagle is to teebird
He was pointing out that they are similar, yet different. The eagle/teebird and the ARD/stalker.
Reply With Quote
 

  #840  
Old 08-31-2012, 08:50 PM
6.5swede 6.5swede is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tennessee
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 196
It's definitely a tweeter that some people will have no use for. In my opinion, it might be flippy for a seasoned harder throwing player but for us 300-325 throwers its just about right.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.