Old 08-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 14
I have an ESP stalker that is dead straight if I keep it low. This disc just seems to do it much easier. Mine is marked170-172 so it's lighter. It holds an anny much easier than a stalker. It hasn't booted anything out of my bag yet. I haven't had it long and have only used it in field practice because I have 2 tourneys next weekend and didn't figure I could use it for tourney play yet. I will def. start using it after next weekend. Even my mids have more movement so I am liking the straight flight def. a tunnel disc
Old 08-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 5
ARD 2012 is to stalker
As eagle is to teebird
Old 08-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone2 View Post
ARD 2012 is to stalker
As eagle is to teebird
I'll agree with that. They are very similar in flight and feel.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5swede View Post
I have an ESP stalker that is dead straight if I keep it low. This disc just seems to do it much easier. Mine is marked170-172 so it's lighter. It holds an anny much easier than a stalker. It hasn't booted anything out of my bag yet. I haven't had it long and have only used it in field practice because I have 2 tourneys next weekend and didn't figure I could use it for tourney play yet. I will def. start using it after next weekend. Even my mids have more movement so I am liking the straight flight def. a tunnel disc
Be careful not to use it in any PDGA sanctioned tournaments. The disc is not yet PDGA approved, and as such, may get you DQ'ed from a tournament depending on the TD's mood. It probably won't be approved until late October or early November.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Par Member

Yep it's gonna sit out for a while. I played tonight and threw a few second drives to test it out on the course. Wow! Dead straight, hyzer if u want to, anny if u want to. Whichever line I put it on it held it. If anyone has a 170-172 any color I'd get another1. Looks like I won't be able to enter 1so I'll have to just trade or buy more of them.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5swede View Post
Yep it's gonna sit out for a while. I played tonight and threw a few second drives to test it out on the course. Wow! Dead straight, hyzer if u want to, anny if u want to. Whichever line I put it on it held it. If anyone has a 170-172 any color I'd get another1. Looks like I won't be able to enter 1so I'll have to just trade or buy more of them.
You might be able to pay the fee and just have the TD mail you the player's pack. At the event I played, there were a number of people that did this, and the TD made sure to hold some discs out for them.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:09 PM
Par Member

Might do that close ones may be conflicting with wrk.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone2 View Post
ARD 2012 is to stalker
As eagle is to teebird
I disagree, The ARD is more understable... unless you're comparing it to a beat in dx eagle... then I suppose I can see the comparison. But I've never thrown a champ eagle that flips as easily as this does.

for clarification, are you thinking eagle or eagle-L? Either way I think the ARD is understable by comparison but it's def closer to and EL.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzuleger View Post
I disagree, The ARD is more understable... unless you're comparing it to a beat in dx eagle... then I suppose I can see the comparison. But I've never thrown a champ eagle that flips as easily as this does.

for clarification, are you thinking eagle or eagle-L? Either way I think the ARD is understable by comparison but it's def closer to and EL.
I don't believe he was comparing the disc to a eagle at all.
Quote:
ARD 2012 is to stalker
As eagle is to teebird
He was pointing out that they are similar, yet different. The eagle/teebird and the ARD/stalker.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:50 PM
Par Member

It's definitely a tweeter that some people will have no use for. In my opinion, it might be flippy for a seasoned harder throwing player but for us 300-325 throwers its just about right.