Old 11-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Default Electron Durability

I am trying to build a small all MVP bag to complement my Innova bag. The only gap right now is replacing my 155g DX Wedge. It goes straight through 200' tunnels, flicks from inside 150' like I have no FH faults (which are quite apparent in almost every other disc), and, best of all, turns over predictability for the dogleg rights that confound me.

My best guess right now is a 156g Ion in Electron/Soft. I can get the turnover but not the consistency of the Wedge.

Thoughts, comments?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2016, 08:27 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 127

even the 150 class will need some seasoning to be US. They have mad glide for an ion but not US when new at all. Electron will season up pretty easily. If you can find a electron spin that would be a better option and some should be around from circuit event leftovers.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBokor View Post
I am trying to build a small all MVP bag to complement my Innova bag. The only gap right now is replacing my 155g DX Wedge. It goes straight through 200' tunnels, flicks from inside 150' like I have no FH faults (which are quite apparent in almost every other disc), and, best of all, turns over predictability for the dogleg rights that confound me.

My best guess right now is a 156g Ion in Electron/Soft. I can get the turnover but not the consistency of the Wedge.

Thoughts, comments?
Maybe a Proxy in that role?

Old 11-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH

Wedge is pretty shallow if i remember. Maybe an Atom would suit you better. I have one @ 160g and it had minimal fade when it was new. Beat in quickly to dead straight/turnover. Squirrely as hell in the wind, but if you're used to a 155 dx wedge it probably wouldn't bother you

Old 11-03-2016, 08:47 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc349 View Post
Wedge is pretty shallow if i remember. Maybe an Atom would suit you better. I have one @ 160g and it had minimal fade when it was new. Beat in quickly to dead straight/turnover. Squirrely as hell in the wind, but if you're used to a 155 dx wedge it probably wouldn't bother you
yeah I thought the same thing initially just wondered if the OP liked the ion already or something. The 150s are a blast to throw and definitely not deep/rounded core like the ion/anode/spin are. still not US when new for sure but doesn't take much work with electron.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:03 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
yeah I thought the same thing initially just wondered if the OP liked the ion already or something. The 150s are a blast to throw and definitely not deep/rounded core like the ion/anode/spin are. still not US when new for sure but doesn't take much work with electron.
Pretty agnostic so far. I have 3 Ions and 3 Anodes, all different weights and plastics, while I figure out what works for me. Main driving putter 167 Anode, inside the circle putter 174 Anode. Still figuring out the rest...

I can't find Atoms or Spins locally, but will gobble 'em up when they hit the bin. Had to custom order a 165 Plasma Tangent.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
MVP finally got around to adding a US putter(Spin) to go with Ion and Anode. What took so long?!

...and AIM, if u say "beat Ion" again, I'm going to
Old 11-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc349 View Post
Thanks. Yes, the Wedge is very shallow with a pretty sharp beveled edge. I will be ordering an Atom soon, as the additional gyro should offset the edge, and I like Electron plastic.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 29

Spin is what you want in flight. Atom is closer in feel. I recommend the Spin personally.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
Spin is what you want in flight. Atom is closer in feel. I recommend the Spin personally.
Just checked, Atoms are too heavy (165+) and Spins seem to be more elusive than Big Foot, at least here in Maple Valley, WA. I like to hold a disc prior to purchase, but I might have to make the ultra rare on-line order if I can find a Spin. MVP shows out of stock as does Infinite Discs.

Where does one find a Spin?

Last edited by PBokor; 11-03-2016 at 09:43 PM.