Old 01-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
I'll be trying out some of their new molds this year. I have a TP Sword that has been in my bag a while, I recently paired a new Lucid Trespass from DD with it. They are very similar but the Sword turns more and fades less for me. Recently got a VIP Giant and that thing is a meathook I love it for spike and distance hyzers or extreme headwinds.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH
I got a northmen and a boatman over break...I love them so much, northmen for turn overs boatman for d ...what's comparable to a firebird for westside?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 35
Giant is like a faster firebird. it's the closest thing they have.

I would also like to revise my statements about the Villain and Giant being identical. I threw them again side by side today and the Giant is more overstable. but they still go the same distance which is weird. So the Giant is like a Villain-X.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbrun2 View Post
I got a northmen and a boatman over break...I love them so much, northmen for turn overs boatman for d ...what's comparable to a firebird for westside?
thats why im going with a slaidi eventually, the boatman just not OS enough for my preferable two mold bag setup.

Keltik, the northman with the -1, 2 flight, add just a little torque or anhy or wind, they become -2, 0, so its an advantage and disadvantage depending on what your looking to do.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 39
got 2 of the BT soft Swan 2s and an Eco1 Swan 2, so far I love them. The soft plastic reminds me a lot of my old really soft pro Rhynos, only thing I'm getting used to is the lack of a bead (been using wizards for awhile), but I find within 0-25 feet you don't notice the under stable flight path, but on jump puts from a slight Hyzer the flip up straight at the basket, super nice. Haven't tried off the tee yet.

Love my sword, looking for a VIP one now
Giant is gat for big hyzers
Boatman goes Rey straight and then cuts hard, get some huge skips
Northman either holds a anny as lo as you want or will flip up from a big hyzer
TP Warship is slightly under stable, VIP Warship throws exactly like my rocs, but farther

I want a Stag soooo bad, but I'm afraid it will replace my Eagles Xs that I have thrown forever

If anyone has Westside for trade, I have a few things to get rid of
Old 01-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
Keltik, the northman with the -1, 2 flight, add just a little torque or anhy or wind, they become -2, 0, so its an advantage and disadvantage depending on what your looking to do.
I was looking for something less stable than the Saint or Boatman. I like the flight but it seems touchy right now. I'll just have to spend more time with it to figure out the right way to twerk it. are the VIP's more stable/less touchy?
Old 01-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 31
not having Tour north idk. however for certain my GL flow is more stable than my opto and they are equal weight maybe g off. so i use my opto for flips and anhy, and GL for straighter distance lines, or if its windy the opto role. my opto flow and vip north fly identical in every way for me. just more comfortable wing. my vip is 170g so from my experience i was planning on getting a Tour North in like 175 for the straighter/wind fighter. but it will wait for now cuz i have two GL Flows, so ill beat up and have no worry of loosing in snow.
never thrown a saint or striker but they, as well as an SL, are all pretty much the same disc... and just about as close as you can get to less stable than the boatman
Old 01-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Waiting for that next batch - Underworld, Stag, and Tursas sound like my wheelhouse, more than speed 14 drivers.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

you must have domey flows. My GL Flow is flat and fliptastic. I have to have a lot of room for that one to come back. My TP Northman is also domey if that matters.

and I too am interested in their next round of discs due this spring. March 1 right?

Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 32.3
Courses Played: 24
If any of you speak Swedefinnish, or whatever language Westside is, can you please send them a PM and ask them for more light Northmans and Kings, and no, not that bubble crap, just regular light ones like I already have.
I have needed backups for a couple of years now.

Signed;
I only speak merkin