Old 03-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
I love that streaked out effect on the back with the darker blue. I've wondered in the past if it's intentional or just a fluke of their manufacturing process, but now I'm convinced it's uber-intentional. This newest run of Westside stuff has been super-nasty.

Not all of Lat's stuff has it, but it's fun to find a beauty like that in the stacks when at the store. I've been lucky enough to find a pearly white River (GL) and purple sparkle Saint (Opto) both with an orange starburst like that as well as a couple of light blue with dark blue streaks kinda like that. So sweet.

I didn't buy it, but I think I saw the sickest disc ever a couple Saturdays ago. My wife even told me to buy it b/c it was so pretty, but I needed to spend my "allowance" on some Classic Judges instead. It was an Underworld, so many of which came out tasty, light gold and super swirly with the colorshift metallic sheen that flip/flopped into dark reddish gold. I've got a couple "redshifts" and have seen blue/green shifts but I've never seen this bright gold before. Not nearly as dark as other colorshifts. Soooo sick.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 199
Can anyone compare the plastic between the Eco1 Swans and the new BT Soft? I have a small stash of Eco1s and need to decide whether I should load up on a few more, or just switch to the BT.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 10
Eco1 has a nice chalky feel to me. BT soft feels a little more tacky and gummy. I feel as if eco1 feels better in my hand. BT Soft catches the chains nicer and pops out a lot less.

Haven't even touched a BT hard swan though
Old 03-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydisc View Post
Can anyone compare the plastic between the Eco1 Swans and the new BT Soft? I have a small stash of Eco1s and need to decide whether I should load up on a few more, or just switch to the BT.
a few months ago i was in the same position. i loved the stiffness of the eco1 while still being super grippy. the bt soft started out a little floppier but after practicing with each they are almost identical for me, with the BT soft being slightly softer. it doesnt feel rubbery though. i like it better than my worn r-pro putters. i was doing the practice in pretty cold conditions so that may have altered things but i didnt notice much difference in them. i assume that the BT soft will stick in the chains a little better. i dont regret switching, and i was really happy with eco1.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 20
^Have you seen any BT hard Swans!? I don't think they've made it across the water yet, but I could be wrong. Happily wrong.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 PM
* Ace Member *

I guess I should grab some Eco1s. They are about as floppy as I want. And they grab the chains as well as I can imagine. Few bounces and few rolls.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
I found that one good THWAP! into a tree disfigured the Eco1 Swan too easily (gave it a noticeable bend). I loved it as a straight driving putter as it had no fade at all, but not in that plastic.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Agreed. For me it is a putting putter, or a short approach putter when I am not really throwing it full force. I've hit a bunch of trees, but not with a full rip. They hold up well if you use them as I do, but I wouldn't want to nail a tree off the tee with one. Then again the Dx XD I tried taco'd after 1 solid tree hit too. All base plastic has some limitations. That's why they invented better plastics.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by discddwn View Post
^Have you seen any BT hard Swans!? I don't think they've made it across the water yet, but I could be wrong. Happily wrong.
i havent seen those anywhere. i didnt even know they were coming out. i cant wait now, i dont drive my swans but in a more durable plastic the could be great for just that!

Old 03-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 13
This is how I feel when receiving a new Westside disc in the mail

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.