Old 04-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
None of those molds (Sword, Trespass, Renegade) will cover the entire spectrum of distance driver stability if you are throwing over 350. The Sword is neutral-understable (hyzer-flips, turnovers, straight lines), the Trespass is neutral-overstable depending on your power (hyzers, some wind resistance, big hyzer flips, turnovers with enough power and the right plastic/weights), and the Renegade is understable 'at-speed' (easy hyzer-flips, turnovers, tailwind driver).

The Sword doesn't have as much stability in TP as it does in VIP (but probably more glide), the Trespass is least stable in Lucid and more stable in Fuzion and BioFuzion, the Renegade just got into the hands of DG'ers.

The Sword and Trespass feel fairly similar in the hand and pair well together in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
I don't want to start a new thread for this, so I want to see what ya'll recommend. I throw my drivers (see sig) between 375' to 400' feet. I want to try some new big d drivers. I want something around the same rim width (2.1-2.2 max). What do ya'll recommend between the Sword and Trespass...or maybe wait for the Renegade? I want one disc that i can buy in 3 different plastics/weights to cover different stabilities (so i can limit my distance driver molds). Thanks!
Old 04-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
I don't want to start a new thread for this, so I want to see what ya'll recommend. I throw my drivers (see sig) between 375' to 400' feet. I want to try some new big d drivers. I want something around the same rim width (2.1-2.2 max). What do ya'll recommend between the Sword and Trespass...or maybe wait for the Renegade? I want one disc that i can buy in 3 different plastics/weights to cover different stabilities (so i can limit my distance driver molds). Thanks!
Trespass is more stable than a Sword (not more OS!). Trespasses are very easy to throw 400' in a straight line. As an OS driver though they were severely lacking for me. To me a Trespass ultimately flies like a much faster eagle. The RL is slightly OS while the Lucid is stable.

The Sword is a great disc for long drives in tight fairways and tailwinds. It is stable to slightly US over the 350' mark. VIP being slightly more stable.

Honestly, I dont think either mold is good for a "cover all bases" type driver. It doesn't start off OS enough for that. Especially if you are throwing over 350'.
Have you considered the Halo? Its rim is only 2.3 I think (maybe 2.4), and flat ones are money.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyith View Post
Trespass is more stable than a Sword (not more OS!). Trespasses are very easy to throw 400' in a straight line. As an OS driver though they were severely lacking for me. To me a Trespass ultimately flies like a much faster eagle. The RL is slightly OS while the Lucid is stable.

The Sword is a great disc for long drives in tight fairways and tailwinds. It is stable to slightly US over the 350' mark. VIP being slightly more stable.

Honestly, I dont think either mold is good for a "cover all bases" type driver. It doesn't start off OS enough for that. Especially if you are throwing over 350'.
Have you considered the Halo? Its rim is only 2.3 I think (maybe 2.4), and flat ones are money.
I have, but I've come to the conclusion that my breaking point for rim size is at the 2.2-2.3, when i start losing that snap. that's why i was considering the westside/dd/lat64 side...because it seems they tend to have those "faster speed" longer distance potential discs with slightly smaller rim sizes.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:29 AM
Birdie Member

Got a air giant and flies more like a wore in tp giant. Also the plastic is extremely gummy, nothing like the other air discs I have felt.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie View Post
Got a air giant and flies more like a wore in tp giant. Also the plastic is extremely gummy, nothing like the other air discs I have felt.
Quick question for the group based on this - I was thinking of adding a Giant as a possible replacement for a 166 Z-flick that has seen better days. I carry 9 discs max so I like to see that any mold covers a couple bases. As my Flick has worn in, I can throw it backhand for easy hyzers to about 300' (I max out about 375' with a Krait), but mostly I use it for overhand and forehand stuff.

I wondered if a lighter Giant might give me that throwable OS right out of the box, yet still be stiff enough to handle typical OS duties?

Cheers,

K.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:49 AM

I would like to see the swan 1 get produced in the soft plastic.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePiRaTE View Post
Quick question for the group based on this - I was thinking of adding a Giant as a possible replacement for a 166 Z-flick that has seen better days. I carry 9 discs max so I like to see that any mold covers a couple bases. As my Flick has worn in, I can throw it backhand for easy hyzers to about 300' (I max out about 375' with a Krait), but mostly I use it for overhand and forehand stuff.

I wondered if a lighter Giant might give me that throwable OS right out of the box, yet still be stiff enough to handle typical OS duties?

Cheers,

K.
The air giant seems to have a little bit of turn on it, but a light weight opto might work for you. You could also look at the villian
Old 04-28-2013, 04:34 PM

Hey everybody! I love my swords, but I have trouble finding a good overstable one(are there any?). I have gone through my local dealers stack of swords (20+) but I can't seem to find one with high PLH. So, what are my options, regarding to finding an alternative mold? Trespass or something like it? Would like to have a similar flight but more HSS and LSS. Oh, and sorry for possible language mistakes. Finnish guy here.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 29
^^^
You might have to look at a Villain
Or another step up to the Giant

Old 04-29-2013, 12:09 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 53
Is there anything lat/ws/DD family that is similar to a banshee? All I can think of is the stag.