Old 05-17-2013, 12:29 PM

I've tried all the Westside discs. One at a time starting with the ones that made my bag:

Stag
IMO, the Stag is not very much like a Teebird. It's more like Star Eagle-x light. It's not really very HSS but has good LSS. It has become my main driver for shorter flex shots and straight shots with decent fade. The lesser HSS makes it easy to throw with less power and concentrate on hitting gaps and lines. If it's windy, I do the exact same shots with a Star Eagle-x.

BTW the Stag is an excellent disc for thumbers. I've always used a Firebird but the Stag is really comfortable for this shot and flies great. Try it.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie View Post
Any word on the swan getting the plastic treatment. Most of the other putters in the family of lat seem to be getting the love. Also any word on them putting out another putter.
Haven't heard anything about new putter plastic at all. At least two new WS molds in 2014.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 4
I'm continuing my love affair with my 178g TP Warship, despite the assertion that the VIP is superior (I can't speak to that, as I've never tried one. I generally don't mesh with clear plastic, and don't know why. It feels more pliable in the hand to me, and I don't like it.) Anyway, this thing is my go to straight shooter that replaced my Buzz. It is a bit sensitive on power though. If I want a perfect line from it with a S curve for maximum distance, I have to throw it about 90%. Anything above that, and it turns reliably. Less than that, and it has a nice dependable line with soft long fade on it.

I haven't aced (yet) but I'm confident when I do, it is going to be with this disc.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
You should try a VIP tenaciousg. It will pair nicely with you TP and can handle the extra power without turning. I have one of each in my bag and they both get equal time. The 'Ship could be Westsides best mold.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:39 PM

Northman
This is my second most used driver on most courses (behind the Stag). Usually for straight shots and turning shots. It's great in the woods at less than full power. I can also throw hyzer-flip distance lines that have been pretty re-producible. I have a TP and the original "two left hands" stamp VIP. Most of my experience is with the former.

As with the Stag, I'd like to have some more copies of this disc. One reason is my kids keep stealing the Westside discs from my bag. If you have kids that play DG (I have three boys, 9, 7, and 5) watch out: They are definitely attracted to those Westside stamps!

Last edited by spinachd; 05-17-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by inourdr View Post
You should try a VIP tenaciousg. It will pair nicely with you TP and can handle the extra power without turning. I have one of each in my bag and they both get equal time. The 'Ship could be Westsides best mold.
I agree. It's a great multi-purpose mid that's also pretty forgiving.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:54 AM

I would like to see the Swan in a harder plastic. I like the feel of the putter but it's too sticky.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinachd View Post
Northman
This is my second most used driver on most courses (behind the Stag). Usually for straight shots and turning shots. It's great in the woods at less than full power. I can also throw hyzer-flip distance lines that have been pretty re-producible. I have a TP and the original "two left hands" stamp VIP. Most of my experience is with the former.

As with the Stag, I'd like to have some more copies of this disc. One reason is my kids keep stealing the Westside discs from my bag. If you have kids that play DG (I have three boys, 9, 7, and 5) watch out: They are definitely attracted to those Westside stamps!
Sliced and diced last night with the Northman. It is now my most used driver mold on most courses. The 174 old stamp VIP I have is much more stable and fading nicely. My 169 TP was the star of the show though. All kinds of straight and turning shots to 2ville.

Threw the Giant a lot too BH + FH. Even rolled the Tursas a few times with good results.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
It's still early, but I just picked up a VIP Stag and a Tourney Sword this past weekend. After a few test throws, they earned a place in the bag. After a round of disc yesterday, I'm in love. If all Westside discs are like this, I'm going to have a whole new lineup.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 18
My bag is pretty much all MVP, but since They don't have any high speed drivers yet and I thought it might be time to start throwing something faster than fairway drivers I bought a 171g Westside Sword in Tournament plastic (has the Swedish text) this weekend and after a few rounds I love it! Some of my longest throws ever. What should I try next???