Old 11-05-2012, 09:55 PM
* Innova: Choice of Champions *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 14
Got my Zero Mercy today (non-Strawberry version). It's exactly what I wanted EZE Soft to be, noticeably softer than say a Sinus SP, much gummier, grippier and floppier and it doesn't "bruise" on the chains/pole like other Zero line discs I've used. Off to order a new Zero Sinus, if the plastic is similar to the Zero Mercy it's got a chance to compete with my floppy, gummy, indestructible Pro Rhyno.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFer View Post
Got my Zero Mercy today (non-Strawberry version). It's exactly what I wanted EZE Soft to be, noticeably softer than say a Sinus SP, much gummier, grippier and floppier and it doesn't "bruise" on the chains/pole like other Zero line discs I've used. Off to order a new Zero Sinus, if the plastic is similar to the Zero Mercy it's got a chance to compete with my floppy, gummy, indestructible Pro Rhyno.
That's wierd. I got my Strawberry Mercys in the mail yesterday (one for me, one for my daughter, of course) and while I think the Mercy is an amazing putter, I think the Zero plastic is kinda blah. Mine has the aforementioned bruising after only nine holes (two of which I putted with my trusty Rhyno.)

I do love how tacky and grippy it is. It's fairly flexible, but not in a gummy way. But after one hit it was scraped up. Maybe because of the Strawberry elements the plastic is different? Like I said, love the grip and tackiness of Zero, but it doesn't look like it's going to be very durable.

Anyone else notice this with the Strawberry Mercys?

ADDED NOTE: these smell so delicious. Very fragrant...in a good way.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 17
I haven't been able to take my Strawberry Zero Mercys out for a test yet. Stupid schedule has keep me busy.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
ADDED NOTE: these smell so delicious. Very fragrant...in a good way.
Couldn't agree more. They remind me of Strawberry Quik.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:59 PM
* Innova: Choice of Champions *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
That's wierd. I got my Strawberry Mercys in the mail yesterday (one for me, one for my daughter, of course) and while I think the Mercy is an amazing putter, I think the Zero plastic is kinda blah. Mine has the aforementioned bruising after only nine holes (two of which I putted with my trusty Rhyno.)
I've got some tiny bruising on my regular Zero after 50 or so practice putts, but it's nothing compared to the old SP plastic, which had huge striations after the first couple of putts.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 57
I have noticed the white "bruises" on my Strawberry, but I have always seen it on Zero Pures as well. They seemed to bruise for a while, then just stop.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 52
Damn. Wish I had found out about these things a long time ago. Dan Beto told me he was throwing these and told me to pick one up so I did. This is the putter plastic I have been searching for forever. It is stiff enough, but yet so grippy/tacky. I was in love at the first touch and then I threw it. I was super surprised with the flight. I could rip it and it held its own. It flies very similar to a warlock. They also putt incredibly easy which never hurts anything. Latitude is slowly taking over my bag.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:42 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
I got a Strawberry Mercy in the mail yesterday. I immediately took it down to my putting basket to putt. I tested it beside my wood aviar. I find the mercy to have a very similar profile and similar flight. It seems like for now the mercy was a little more sensitive to release angle. This enabled me to fine tune it's flight. My aviar will be my inside the circle workhorse, but I see the mercy being a long range putter. Especially when I need something to stick if I miss.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:41 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
Bumping a good thread. Picked up 3 more today...

Old 03-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 19
Zero Hard please I love the Mercy but I'm very close to switching to Anodes because of the firmer plastic...