Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 45
Loving Me Some Aftershock

So I have been a Comet thrower for awhile now. I love the mold and think it may be the best disc created. However I started playing tournaments this year and find myself nervous to throw it because I fear OAT and it costing me strokes. I know that's what is good about the mold and love it for it, but tourney time is a time to feel confident. So I was looking for a more stable (Discraft) mid that isn't the Buzzz. I don't like the Buzzz because it's so driver like, and I throw a slow fairway (Cyclone) so they overlap.
Finally found the DGA Aftershock (molded by Discraft). I love this disc! It has just the right amount of stability to where I don't feel nervous throwing it, but isn't so stable that it I can't throw it on a straight line. It works nicely as my stable workhorse mid. I will still carry a couple Comets for anny and turnovers, and it fits in nicely below my Wasps. I haven't seen an Aftershock love thread, so am I the only one throwing these beauts?
Old 12-10-2012, 06:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
My friend is a huge fan of the Aftershock. Great disc, I've just got my mids covered already.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Banned

I used to throw one, great for 2nd shot forehands and short drives.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 80
I tried one out for a week. I liked it but found it too understable and I already had a couple discs that did it's job. Glad you like it. I think DGA needs more love.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 18
Just recently picked up the aftershock! super straight and has nice glide. It has made my bag as my straight to slightly understable mid. I agree it has a more traditional feel than the buzzz not to mention the rad plastic. Proline and SP plastic get no love even though they have good durability and great grip.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 24
First ace was with an Aftershock. It is still in my bag. Very solid disc.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Eagle Member

Threw an SP Aftershock for awhile...superb disc. Not too overstable, can throw it hard and straight and watch very late fade kick in which just lets it zero in on the basket. It took a Warship to replace it, and only because of more range.

Last edited by Wanderer; 12-10-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendryxdisc View Post
Just recently picked up the aftershock! super straight and has nice glide. It has made my bag as my straight to slightly understable mid. I agree it has a more traditional feel than the buzzz not to mention the rad plastic. Proline and SP plastic get no love even though they have good durability and great grip.
I'm not finding any understability in mine (167 and 169 Proline). Maybe once they beat in. Right now they're just flying dead straight with a small amount of forward fade at the end. What I like is the higher high speed stability than the Comets. And yes I love DGA's plastic! The Proline feels like a grippier star to me. Haven't thrown any Sparkle yet but they are pretty. I would like to get a Sparkle Aftershock for a tick more stability. How are the Shockwaves?
Old 12-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYdischippy View Post
I'm not finding any understability in mine (167 and 169 Proline). Maybe once they beat in. Right now they're just flying dead straight with a small amount of forward fade at the end. What I like is the higher high speed stability than the Comets. And yes I love DGA's plastic! The Proline feels like a grippier star to me. Haven't thrown any Sparkle yet but they are pretty. I would like to get a Sparkle Aftershock for a tick more stability. How are the Shockwaves?
I agree, hardly understable, especially the SP's.

Shockwaves are overstable glideless dogs by comparison, IMO.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I agree, hardly understable, especially the SP's.

Shockwaves are overstable glideless dogs by comparison, IMO.
So I should stick with Wasps for my overstable mid? I do really like the Ti Wasp.