* Ace Member *

^ I wish!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
If I already throw Rivers (opto and GL) and Flows (opto and GL), does a Saint overlap or complement? My distance maxes out at 320'
Old 09-10-2012, 05:22 PM
* Ace Member *

It will probably overlap somewhere. It's like a shorter flow. Depending on how stable your rivers are they could overlap there. If your d is 320 you May not be getting the flow up to speed. Therefore the saint may Actually have more d potential for you than the flow. It's slower than the flow so it will be easier to get it up to speed. Once I started throwing saints the flow went bye bye. I am not a big fan of the wider rim on the flow. YMMV
Old 09-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 36
^^ perfect and to the point.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 27
Thanks! The local shop should be getting some real soon. I'll have to give them a try.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 8
I must admit some shame and then elation. I had traded one of my unused discs for a 166g Opto Sparkle. The initial purpose was that it was going to be a prize for the Ace Race I'm TDing in October. However, I made the shameful mistake of taking it out to a field and try it out. Just out of curiosity, I swear! Now, it's not leaving my bag.

People use the phrase "shorter" and "longer" when it should really be "slower" and "faster." Although, I do understand the terminology, it's better suited for pro-level players. The lightweight Saint went marginally further (10-20 feet consistently) but with far less effort than my Flow. I think it will be the perfect disc to help me work up to my Flow's potential. Consider me sold, on first impressions anyways. I'm going to give it some course runs in the next couple weeks to form a more full opinion.

Let it be known, however, that I have a Skulboy Saint now on the way for the Ace Race instead! I'm not heartless!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Birdie Member

The 166g sparkles are really special. Mine behaves nothing like my 168g Opto, which is definitely overstable, but flies a nice TB-like line instead.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
I must admit some shame and then elation. I had traded one of my unused discs for a 166g Opto Sparkle. The initial purpose was that it was going to be a prize for the Ace Race I'm TDing in October. However, I made the shameful mistake of taking it out to a field and try it out. Just out of curiosity, I swear! Now, it's not leaving my bag.

People use the phrase "shorter" and "longer" when it should really be "slower" and "faster." Although, I do understand the terminology, it's better suited for pro-level players. The lightweight Saint went marginally further (10-20 feet consistently) but with far less effort than my Flow. I think it will be the perfect disc to help me work up to my Flow's potential. Consider me sold, on first impressions anyways. I'm going to give it some course runs in the next couple weeks to form a more full opinion.

Let it be known, however, that I have a Skulboy Saint now on the way for the Ace Race instead! I'm not heartless!
HAHAHA!! Dude, when I was sending it to you I was thinking, "Man this is a sweet disc. It'll be a great prize for whoever wins it."...

Glad to see the winner is you!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Um... View Post
HAHAHA!! Dude, when I was sending it to you I was thinking, "Man this is a sweet disc. It'll be a great prize for whoever wins it."...

Glad to see the winner is you!
I swear, I had every intent to give it away!

Old 09-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 14
As this thread gets longer and longer it is harder for me to find what I am looking for, so I am sorry if this is redundant. If you compare a heavy (170 +) opto Saint to say, a 12x Teebird, how is the stability? I had a GL (173) River and I loved it, I am just looking for a compliment. Right now I am throwing a QJLS (slightly beat) and it has a bit more turn in it than I want. I also throw a max weight flx Pred for the stable shots. I would like to keep the Pred but I was thinking I could go Saint + River and have my drivers set.
Reference: I throw my QJLS avg 350, max 400. Pred 360-410.