Old 10-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridestreet84 View Post
just ordered my first saint, i love my teebirds, cant wait to see how it is
You'll love it. They easily replaced my teebirds.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 24
saints are a bit flippier than teebirds
Old 10-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 19
I keep seeing people say that the Saint replaced their Teebirds. I guess I can see how they have a similar flight, but to me the Saint is a little faster and longer. It seems like the two would co-exist nicely in a bag, with the Saint essentially acting like a longer Teebird.

I think this is especially true when you consider DX Teebirds. I love my Saints, but I can't imagine not having at least one DX Teebird. I use them for more finesse shots, or to check for OAT in my throw. Maybe I just need lighter Saints?
Old 10-14-2012, 07:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 199
Teebird has more HSS. IMO it is a better headwind driver. But Saints can glide really well.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 16
Saint is definitely longer than TB. TB is better in the wind though. I use TBs under 300' and Saints over 300'.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 88
It really is going to come down to to each his/her own on whether a TeeBird and Saint can play together. However, I think in general you are going to find that most people discovered too much overlap to really carry both with a lot of success. More often than not they likely had second thoughts on those shots that fit into that overlap, ultimately destroying their confidence in either or both discs if the shot did not work out.

If thrown the same the Saint and TeeBird will seem like completely different discs. However, with just a minor change in hyzer angle and body position on the tee box you will find that the Saint and TeeBird have almost identical end result lines. Visually you will see that the TeeBird flies flatter whereas the Saint might have the slightest hyzerflip to fly flat at the end. But again, their results are so similar that you will see a lot of overlap. Maybe a light GL Saint combined with a heavy Champ Glow TeeBird might create enough separation.

At the end of the day I found that my Saints flew incredibly similar to my fairly fresh Pro TeeBirds. Since I am sitting on a stockpile of TeeBirds, it was more economical to move on without the Saints. However, and I can save any details for the Market Place, if I could unload about 14 TeeBirds I would have no problem reinvesting in the Saint and making that the mainstay.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 81
I can say my 168 saint has replaced my Max weight 178 river. Its the same flight with less effort, and is easier to keep the nose down. I still carry my teebird on courses I know I'll need to overhand.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
I keep seeing people say that the Saint replaced their Teebirds. I guess I can see how they have a similar flight, but to me the Saint is a little faster and longer. It seems like the two would co-exist nicely in a bag, with the Saint essentially acting like a longer Teebird.
Exactly what I'm doing right now, since I mostly have beefy Teebirds (CFR metal flake ones and Totems). My Opto Saint handles a bit of breeze with ease, 10mph or so, but not much more.

I played a tourney today in 25mph wind and I threw two shots my Saints over 42 holes, both were poor choices. They got just thrown left before they could flip. I dunno if they're good for tailwinds either, I'll be grabbing a River every time.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 46
My GL Saint is nothing like a teebird. It is 169 and is flippy and acts understable. It is a little flexible between ESP & FLX. Is mine different?