Old 10-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
My GL Saint is nothing like a teebird. It is 169 and is flippy and acts understable. It is a little flexible between ESP & FLX. Is mine different?
Understable? That's odd, haven't heard of them being understable. Is it super beat?
Old 10-14-2012, 11:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
My GL Saint is nothing like a teebird. It is 169 and is flippy and acts understable. It is a little flexible between ESP & FLX. Is mine different?
That is the thing with these Swedish discs, they were designed more so with the Swedish style of throwing, or at least when Jaspar Lundmark had a hand in designing. Their style is glide over power. Just when you start applying all the various methods of generating power amongst all those around the world all at different skill levels, I think you are going to see a wider variation of flight paths than you would out of discs that are more dependent on power than glide (ala most of Innova's lineup).

What I have seen out of Saints compared to you or anyone else on this board is going to vary far more than if we were going to compare TeeBirds. So, when I have been saying that there is much overlap between TeeBirds and Saints, it is obviously from my point of view and how I throw discs. And before I start sounding too contracting from what I said in earlier posts, as you can see there is a lot of first-hand reports from others backing me up. And yet there are enough on here with their experiences who would agree that you do not have weird discs and that they do not see the comparison between the Teebird and Saint.

This thread is going to be nothing more than one half arguing that the Saint is TeeBird-like and the other half saying that it is not even close. Again, with the Saint, as well as with most Latitude discs, because of our varying abilities, strength, power, technique, and definition of what stability is, you are not going to know what you have until you throw it.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
I agree with the Saint - Teebird comparison.

In field testing my Star Teebird and GL Saint were within 10-15 feet of each other.

The Saint is still new and has a bit more fade than my seasoned Teebird but the Teebird handles the wind better.

Still doing some testing as to which one is going to stay in the bag but i dont think it will be both.

Chris540
Old 10-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 18
teebirds for wind saint for distance or very mild headwinds is my strat. or a striker in the teebird wind spot.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.6
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakinwizzz View Post
teebirds for wind saint for distance or very mild headwinds is my strat. or a striker in the teebird wind spot.
That was my exact strategy Saturday. Worked for the most part, too.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:53 AM
* Ace Member *

i am pairing saints with champ teebirds and have no issues there. The teebird is way more hss and lss is close too. The teebird does better in the wind and on lower lines. I can see a broken in chapm/star or dx having more overlap, but they can co exist very well.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Seems like every time I get a teebird to straighten out, I lose it. My GL Saint covers that - and they are a bit different to be sure, but I can throw the same lines is the point - out of the box.

So now I have GL Saint, Opto Saint, metal flake TB, totem TB (which is just killer in strong headwinds).
Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 69
I think the Saint pairs much better with an EagleX than a Teebird.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 41
Send a message via Skype™ to sdervan
Just got my Saint 2 weeks ago. It is a workhorse. Long and straight and will hold the line you release it on. It will hold an anny or finish left when hyzered. I have a gold line that i picked up from Huk Lab. Longer than some drivers.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 37
I've been pairing my two Opto Saints (175g and 170g) with two champion Wraiths in the same weights. If there's a tailwind or it's relatively calm, I use the Saints (lighter weight if it needs to turn, heavier if it needs to go straighter). When there's a headwind or harder crosswinds, I use the wraiths. The combo has been working very well for me. In fact, I just won my first tourney (Am2, doubles) throwing the Saints for pretty much every drive!