Old 10-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'm on the Saint bandwagon. I recently put a couple of Champion Teebirds in my bag but they just don't seem as consistant for me as the Saint. In fact I find myself turning them over more than the Saints. When I throw them both true the Saint gets me 30' more D. This last weekend I added another GL Saint and happened to win an Opto Air Saint at our League Event. We'll see how that one flies once I get a chance to toss it.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 1
The Saint...maybe Teebird-esque... i love to hyzer-flip them both. The Saint flips flat, locks into straight for 150 or so then slowly tracks right for days until it runs out of spin and fades hard to the ground. My Teebirds, 1star-2 12x-2 11x, flip flat and go over a little quicker, with a forward fade. My Saints are riding about 380' with about 15-20' of air under them, Teebirds-about 360 on the same lines. My birds glide great but the Saint surpasses them. They still remind me of a driver version of the Fuse, except for the last 5-10% of the flight. Glide...glide...glide...That being said, i still bag 1 11x bird. Me Gusta
Old 10-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Got a GL Saint today to replace a Teebird. I hit chains on the very first throw with it. It was awesome.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 31
I have Saints & Teebirds & don't see the comparison. For me, Saints are a little faster, less stable (GL), & a little longer. If they fly the same for you, then my opinion, which is worth nothing, is that your Birds are flippy, or you aren't getting the Saint up to speed, or you need a lighter Saint
Old 10-27-2012, 07:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by curveball4 View Post
I have Saints & Teebirds & don't see the comparison. For me, Saints are a little faster, less stable (GL), & a little longer. If they fly the same for you, then my opinion, which is worth nothing, is that your Birds are flippy, or you aren't getting the Saint up to speed, or you need a lighter Saint
It's not that they are the same... It's that the saint overlaps the tee bird and many find they can do more with the saint
Old 10-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curveball4 View Post
The Teebird that it replaced wasn't flippy, but it was beaten to my liking. So yeah, thats why I compared the two.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 82
After using a 173 Gold line Saint for a week now. It looks like it will replace my TLs. It is about 35' longer and just as workable if not more. I will probably just buy one or 2 more and see if they are the same as the first one and if so it is a done deal.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
A number of people have mentioned that a Saint goes further; it should, the rim is bigger (i.e. faster speed). With more speed, comes more distance and potentially less consistency/accuracy.

I throw Buzzz, Teebird, Saint. If a hole (assuming fairly open, simple hyzer shot here) is about <270, Buzzz. If a hole is <320, Teebird. If a hole is >320, Saint. Noodle arm here, so ya, some of you guys throw Teebirds 400, but I'm workin' on that. I don't see the Saint and Teebird as competitors, but rather compliments. With a Teebird, I won't ridiculously overshoot 300 foot hole and I typically get better accuracy/consistency with the slow speed.

Why throw a faster disc than you need to?
Old 10-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Par Member

I parked my Saint on 4 holes in a row today at Riverside Park in St. Cloud, MN. I'm definitely enjoying this disc

Old 10-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 60
I would call the saint a straight line finesse disc while the tee bird (in premium plastic) is a straight line power disc.