Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Interesting...I have an opto Saint and champ Teebird. For me, the Saint flies like a straighter Teebird, and a little longer because of slightly better glide. I also have a QOLF that is faster and longer than both those, even though OLF rim size is 1.9cm. The OLF feels like a driver, the Saint and Teebird feel like fairway drivers.
I never looked or noticed it in my hand, but do the saints have a plus-y ish rim? That might contribute to the fairway feel?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
I never looked or noticed it in my hand, but do the saints have a plus-y ish rim? That might contribute to the fairway feel?
Slightly tapered, but not as much as some of their other discs.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
I literally threw my opto air in the garbage today. I got it a few days before Christmas. It started out with a long turn for 330 feet no fade. Now it's just dumb flippy. 150 feet turns and lands on its lid. This isn't oat cause I was still throwing my beat dx Leo great. Love my GL saint but this is just damn disappointing.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 24
you threw a disc in the trash?? no way. you should have at least sent it to me bro
Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Hit my first ace of the year with my GL Saint today.

Hole 18 Rotary Park Huntington WV.

I bought this disc months ago and used it for a while. I let my dad borrow it when he lost his driver and i just put it back in the bag a couple weeks ago.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasP View Post
I literally threw my opto air in the garbage today. I got it a few days before Christmas. It started out with a long turn for 330 feet no fade. Now it's just dumb flippy. 150 feet turns and lands on its lid. This isn't oat cause I was still throwing my beat dx Leo great. Love my GL saint but this is just damn disappointing.
I thought you were gonna say your shot landed in a dumpster.

Sorry to hear that - what weight?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 44
I've never bothered with the Air. I had a Sparkle Opto Saint, but I retired it to the shelf because I bought it at Dalaiwood and it's a first run. Been throwing a GL though and it's threatening a lot of other discs in my bag. They're all terrified to death that they're going to lose their spots in the rotation, so all of my discs are behaving better than ever. I've tried threatening discs before, but it never worked. It's because my discs don't respect me. But they certainly respect the Saint...
Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris540 View Post
Hit my first ace of the year with my GL Saint today.

Hole 18 Rotary Park Huntington WV.

I bought this disc months ago and used it for a while. I let my dad borrow it when he lost his driver and i just put it back in the bag a couple weeks ago.
I just played there for the first time..... nice job man. Too bad it wasn't 17! That hole is amazing!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
My seasoned PDs are the longest discs in my bag generally. The saint flies a lot like them, granted in my experience with the saint, which isnt nearly as extensive as the PD, it is a little touchier at high speeds than the PDs I have. But, they are the closest thing ive found to a beat S-PD, which IMO is the best kind. I can throw my main PD in the 380-420 range fairly consistently and pretty accurately. Time will tell if the Saint offers me the same thing, but if its even 80% of what a seasoned PD is, Ill prolly make the switch. Its taken me 3 years, 1.5 years, and 1 year respectively to get my current PDs where they are, and idk if i have the will to work more of them in if I lost one, or when its time to retire them.
What weight are those? I have a S-PD I've been working in for 8 months now...still no turn on it.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 28
Let me ask...has everyone's experience been that the GL saints beat to understable within a couple months?...or is that just mine?