Disc Golf Store
Old 01-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.4
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Not me...mine still has a very hard time turning right.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-mart View Post
I've never bothered with the Air. I had a Sparkle Opto Saint, but I retired it to the shelf because I bought it at Dalaiwood and it's a first run. Been throwing a GL though and it's threatening a lot of other discs in my bag. They're all terrified to death that they're going to lose their spots in the rotation, so all of my discs are behaving better than ever. I've tried threatening discs before, but it never worked. It's because my discs don't respect me. But they certainly respect the Saint...
I've been very happy with my GL saint. I plan on getting an opto but I just got an spd that I'm very happy with so far. Opto saint and my spd would seem to over lap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I thought you were gonna say your shot landed in a dumpster.

Sorry to hear that - what weight?
Day glow yellow 149
Old 01-15-2013, 11:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Let me ask...has everyone's experience been that the GL saints beat to understable within a couple months?...or is that just mine?
i have an opto saint and a recycled saint. now, i dont know how much difference the gl plastic would make, but i didn't have to beat mine at all. they both came out of the box ver understable and flippy
Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 AM

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 4
Does anyone have any side angle pictures that show the profile/thickness of the rim and overall domeyness of the disc?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Eagle Member

Stupid question...and I know my answer is in this thread somewhere, but I don't want to read thru the whole thing...I have a 170g GL saint that I love. Flies with a slight turn to dead straight with a soft fade at the end. Now if I was to get a 174 opto saint...would it be crazy to hope for an "avenger" type flight characteristic? No turn, straight flight, with a good dependable fade at the end...as a good hyzer disc? I throw my GL saint right now a little over 350'.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
Stupid question...and I know my answer is in this thread somewhere, but I don't want to read thru the whole thing...I have a 170g GL saint that I love. Flies with a slight turn to dead straight with a soft fade at the end. Now if I was to get a 174 opto saint...would it be crazy to hope for an "avenger" type flight characteristic? No turn, straight flight, with a good dependable fade at the end...as a good hyzer disc? I throw my GL saint right now a little over 350'.
You'll have to thrown that 174 opto flat or maybe with a bit of anhyzer at first, but it will eventually beat in to what you want. Might be better to get a heavier GL.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Banned

Anybody sidearm a saint?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:44 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
You'll have to thrown that 174 opto flat or maybe with a bit of anhyzer at first, but it will eventually beat in to what you want. Might be better to get a heavier GL.
Your saying that a 174g opto could give me a "more" overstable flight pattern than that of an avengers flight pattern?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Your saying that a 174g opto could give me a "more" overstable flight pattern than that of an avengers flight pattern?
it will be pretty close. Variations in the Saint mold might land you a more overstable one. Then again, some are pretty flippy from the get go.

I know i'm talking in circles. Why not get another avenger?

Old 02-03-2013, 01:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
If you go heavier opto you will get less turn, still a little turn. if thrown with a small hyzer no turn. the opto in my opinion have an earlier more abrupt fade. They can compliment each other well. I use a gold line for hyzer flips and down hill/tailwind driver, and the opto that i have i can shape more lines because the fade is more pronounced. Never thrown an avenger. hope this helps.