Old 06-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliphyzer View Post
No, I would only compare the most stable Saint to the flippiest of teebirds. Like old pro, or a new dx

I've tried the saint in most plastics, weights, and flattness levels. I've even had some TL's that were more stable than any of those that I've tried.
Cool ... was going to try the Saint/Fury combo to replace my DX Teebird rotation ... and then possibly keep a Champ Teebird in the mix as the most (over)stable of the bunch. Thanks for the input!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Par Member

Am i the only one who thinks this need a lot of space to throw and that it has a lot of movement in the air. Or do i have form flaws/OAT.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eemeli137 View Post
Am i the only one who thinks this need a lot of space to throw and that it has a lot of movement in the air. Or do i have form flaws/OAT.
they definately mover in the air. r to l movement is normal for these.(rhbh)

if you want straighter play with release angles. these hyzerflip very well. but even with a flip like that they still wiggle some.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 29
I don't think they need that much room...unless you are throwing into the wind
With a tail wind these will hold a very tight line for good distance

Into headwinds I hyzer flip and then you need more room depending on the line and shot hoping to be achieved
Old 06-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 12
Don't want to go through all these pages but... are Saints coming out fairly consistent in flight over multiple runs?

I just lost my Charlotte Worlds stamped beat in opto the other day that was absolute money for me.
I have thrown a couple GL's but no other optos.. Do I need to look for this stamp or will any opto do the trick?
Old 07-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Anyone pair their Saints with Destroyers or Villains? I'm in a search for a distance driver when I'm wide in the open facing some headwind. I carry a stable S-PD at the moment, but I feel it overlaps a bit too much with my firebirds.

I tested my mates Star Wraiths a bit in the weekend and they were flippy for me. The rim width was comfortable for me though, that's what brought me down the Destroyer route.

Last edited by mambo; 07-01-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 29
I'm currently using the Trespass in this position however while you might find the rim size ideal you may still think they are too flippy

Personally I don't find them all that flippy...at least a heavier (172) BioFuzion with a little dome...but I am at a pretty good altitude and only 375-400 range

Villain might be a good choice for more HSS and LSS

If you are looking at Destroyers you might want to also consider the Giant...although it has a larger rim size at 2.3
Old 07-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 69
I think the Villain is a good choice for open distance into a headwind. Really stable at first, but worth the break-in. I use an Eagle-X for a fairway driver with headwind.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Saints are not good headwind discs. I reach for my Q or S OLF's, which feel about the same in the hand.

I must say that my White Skulboy stamp GL Saint has the most finishing fade, while my yellow opaque opto is the most understable. And i love them both. The more i throw them, the more i love them.

Honestly, when i look at the discs in my bag (see sig), i can proclaim love for every one of them. Really, I love my bag setup. The only thing it's missing is Baseline varients of most molds, which i'm finding out is a must for the rounds in the rain.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:38 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosprint View Post
I think the Villain is a good choice for open distance into a headwind. Really stable at first, but worth the break-in. I use an Eagle-X for a fairway driver with headwind.
Have you thrown a PD? How does it compare to the Villain? The rim width is the same. I might try a 170ish GL Villain.

I've thrown the Giant a few times but it's too beefy for me and the rim is also too wide for my liking.