Old 08-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
the saint is smooth if you will. gentle on the turn and the fade is also not too abrupt. the viking likes to move quick. the turn is earlier and the fade is sooner. i think the viking does better at straight lower shots. I remember the viking was supposed to be a longer teebird by design not just semantics. Also with the glide of the saint it should be easier to throw it farther, but will get touchy. the viking eats power and will only turn a little more and fade later if ripped on.
I agree with almost all of the above*. The main thing I've found is that the Saint is WAAAAY touchier in the wind. If that thing is in the air and someone in a three county radius is blowing out birthday candles, the disc is going to turn and never fade back.

Other than that? Love it. Still have a big soft spot for my Vikings, though.

*Hee hee, you said longer teebird
Old 08-20-2013, 12:20 AM
* Ace Member *

^lol that is why i followed it with semantics. and yes the saint loathes the wind for sure.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:47 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 10
I thought I had enough Saints, but then I saw the new stamp they put on this Recycled line one;

Old 08-20-2013, 02:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
^lol that is why i followed it with semantics. and yes the saint loathes the wind for sure.
Yeah the Saint sucks in the wind. I was worried for a few days that the PD's and Teebirds of my bag would have a competitor...but absolutely no way if the wind is above 2mph.

Latitude waaay overadvertises its discs' stability in general IMO. If you were to consider "notches" in stability (using Innova as reference - an Archangel being Notch 0 and the most overstable meathook Firebird possible being a notch 10 for fairway drivers) Latitude's discs are 1.5-2 notches more understable than advertised on average.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:22 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 18
I read to about page 28 before I gave up and skipped to the end haha, how does the saint perform for you guys with bigger arms? Do you find it more in the control driver slot or your turnover/anny type disc? What weights/plastic do you prefer? For reference when referring "bigger arms" high speed drivers 400-450 golf lines and max D 450+.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:31 AM
* Ace Member *

^not a big arm here but id say sidewinder territory.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:51 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
^not a big arm here but id say sidewinder territory.
my question is, is there ANY reason for me to get a saint if I can already get my star sidewinder out to about 325ft in a dead straight line?

Sidewinder is touchy in the wind, but not excessively for me. How do these two discs compare in the wind? Which is better/worse?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:37 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Feldbeard in his interview after placing 2nd in worlds this year: "I started using my Recycled Saint for soft bends and straight shots. It honestly had an in the circle percentage of about 90 percent." He said it was one of his main discs. Seems like the love for the saint has finally extended to at least one pro out there.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
I recently started throwing an Air Saint, and it won't be leaving the bag anytime soon. It instantly became my longest disc I can throw for accuracy.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
Latitude waaay overadvertises its discs' stability in general IMO. If you were to consider "notches" in stability (using Innova as reference - an Archangel being Notch 0 and the most overstable meathook Firebird possible being a notch 10 for fairway drivers) Latitude's discs are 1.5-2 notches more understable than advertised on average.
I have a GL Saint and even though it says "overstable control driver" on it I say it's more on the stable side as I was trying to get it to S curve and it would not come back from an anhyzer. I am not sure where this disc fits into my game right now. Maybe I'll try an Opto and see how its stability compares.