Old 07-04-2012, 02:08 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelyman View Post
I will gladly take your saint. Have strikers so we can swap.

PM'd homie. Actually looking for rivers, optos preferably.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
I've just migrated over here from DGR since that forum is so dead all the time.

Anyway, spent some time throwing 3 175g Opto Saints, and they all flew really well. I do not see how they can be compared to a Teebird though. I throw Teebirds 400' without any high speed turn, and around the 350' mark, all 3 Saints I threw had turn. I know everyone wants to compare every disc to a Teebird, but these just aren't. To me, they were most similar to an S-PD, which also show a little turn on longer shots. Good drivers, lots of glide. But I would not recommend to anyone who doesn't throw at least 375', as they wont do anything different than millions of other assorted drivers wont already do.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan C View Post
I've just migrated over here from DGR since that forum is so dead all the time.

Anyway, spent some time throwing 3 175g Opto Saints, and they all flew really well. I do not see how they can be compared to a Teebird though. I throw Teebirds 400' without any high speed turn, and around the 350' mark, all 3 Saints I threw had turn. I know everyone wants to compare every disc to a Teebird, but these just aren't. To me, they were most similar to an S-PD, which also show a little turn on longer shots. Good drivers, lots of glide. But I would not recommend to anyone who doesn't throw at least 375', as they wont do anything different than millions of other assorted drivers wont already do.
Sounds like we are all in luck, since everybody here throws over 375. All the buzzz/roc threads get settled by which flies furthest, so we gets lots of practice throwing in order to figure out which one is better every few days.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 28
Not recommend if you don't throw 375? Thats 95% of disc golfers. You would fail at a disc golf retail store

I've watched folks with 200-300ft of power throw this nice and straight no problems. I would recomens this to anyone
Old 07-04-2012, 09:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
How would this compete against my beat S-PDs?
Old 07-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Not recommend if you don't throw 375? Thats 95% of disc golfers. You would fail at a disc golf retail store

I've watched folks with 200-300ft of power throw this nice and straight no problems. I would recomens this to anyone
I think he means that the disc isn't bad, but it's not groundbreakingly different from quite a number of other fairway drivers out there.

But if you like shiny new plastic...
Old 07-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
you are both wrong in that point but I understand what you are getting at

I watched hundreds of people throw on the Disc Nation driving range every week

At 200ft of power everything flies the same. When you start reaching 375ft you can tell the difference between discs. Most adv players don't throw past 350ft here and they can shape shots just fine.

It isn't anything crazy or revolutionary. It is just another JLS/Teebird/Sabre type. Straight controlled fairway shots. thats it. People with 375ft of power know how to control that type of disc just fine
Old 07-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
Yeah, That slot in my bag is already filled personally so I've got no reason to buy a Saint. I want to throw one just not buy one haha.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Eagle Member

Sounds like a perfect fit for me. I don't really like my striker that much, though I never truly gave it a chance, I still need something as straight as the river and less turn. Looks like I've found a winner here.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 1
Played my first couple of full rounds with thhe Saint this morning. I found myself reaching for it place of the Teebird, lots of similarities, just find it needs a little less effort. The difference for me is that it has a second gear, once you get it out past that 350ish mark it just keeps gliding.

I also found it to be a great forehand disc. I have had to develop this part of my game from the ground up, and the Saint is right in my wheelhouse. Nice smooth turnover line that always came out with a nice fade.

If the Teebird feels better and you find you don't need your Saints, I may have some Birds for trade here real soon.