Old 07-05-2012, 12:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
my opto handled headwinds very well today, surprisingly so actually. Everyone I let throw it decided they needed one for their bag.
What weight Opto were you throwing?
Old 07-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHFH
sticker says 172..
Old 07-05-2012, 04:02 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Had a few rounds yesterday with my new Saints. Got a 169g Gl and a 165g sparkle opto. I max out at 350ft so I don't have a big arm by any means.

The Gl had a healthy bit of turn (like in Hag's video) but I wouldn't call it flippy. In slight headwind with a 350ft rip it hyzerflipped nicely, glided straight as an Dx Teebird and had minimal fade at the end.

The Opto Saint was more stable. Managed to get some nice sweeping low-line hyzers with it. The opto was definitely more wind resistant for me. I was comfortable throwing it into some headwind without fear of it turning and burning on me.

Had my friend's Dx Teebirds and my beat gummy star Eagle-X as a comparison. I'd say that the Saint has definitely more glide than the EX, it's also more workable than a Dx Teebird but I wouldn't use it as a distance driver like the TB. So the speed 9 is a bit off in my opinion. I think the Saint will be what Eagle-X's should've been: a true workable glidey fairway driver. I'm positive that it'll make a great pair with my PD's.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 19
My saints are out for delivery!! Won't get to throw them until Saturday though
Old 07-05-2012, 11:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
Plan on taking mine out to the field this afternoon. Will throw it alongside Teebirds, PD, and River. Can throw it against others I have if anyone has requests, but these ones seem most logical.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 61
i got my first batch of saints in the mail this morning. disc feels good in the hand, and all 3 variations i ordered had a nice dome to them and the plastic was grippy. i ordered 2 169 red optos, 2 168 raspberry gold lines, and 2 174 yellowish green optos.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambo View Post
Had a few rounds yesterday with my new Saints. Got a 169g Gl and a 165g sparkle opto. I max out at 350ft so I don't have a big arm by any means.

The Gl had a healthy bit of turn (like in Hag's video) but I wouldn't call it flippy. In slight headwind with a 350ft rip it hyzerflipped nicely, glided straight as an Dx Teebird and had minimal fade at the end.

The Opto Saint was more stable. Managed to get some nice sweeping low-line hyzers with it. The opto was definitely more wind resistant for me. I was comfortable throwing it into some headwind without fear of it turning and burning on me.

Had my friend's Dx Teebirds and my beat gummy star Eagle-X as a comparison. I'd say that the Saint has definitely more glide than the EX, it's also more workable than a Dx Teebird but I wouldn't use it as a distance driver like the TB. So the speed 9 is a bit off in my opinion. I think the Saint will be what Eagle-X's should've been: a true workable glidey fairway driver. I'm positive that it'll make a great pair with my PD's.
So...it's sounding and looking like a Valk maybe? Less stable than a Viking/OLF? I should have mine in hand in mere minutes and it looks like I'll be able to give it a whirl tonight.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 35
Just got mine. The pink optos are nice and opaque..
Old 07-05-2012, 12:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
my opto handled headwinds very well today, surprisingly so actually. Everyone I let throw it decided they needed one for their bag.
glad you are enjoying it

Old 07-05-2012, 03:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 196
My Saints came today!!! Probably won't get them in the air until Saturday morning, but they look and feel very nice. Slight dome, but not huge. By eye the rim looks a little narrower than my Strikers. In the hand it feels a little TL or Eagle-like. I will chuck them this weekend and give a noodle arm report.