Disc Golf Store
  #671  
Old 07-06-2012, 08:41 PM
eegor's Avatar
eegor eegor is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The banks of the Trinity River
Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 92
Posts: 3,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahChristopher View Post
I'm on the fence about getting some Saints. I'm a diehard Teebird guy and they are my goto disc. I can get them out to 330-350 consistently on golf lines. Would I benefit from the Saint or should I just stick with my Teebirds?
The Saint is close enough to a Teebird that you will like it. It's also close enough to a Teebird that you really don't need it.

The real question is... do you want a disc that's very similar to a Teebird in sweet, sweet Swedish plastic?
Reply With Quote
  #672  
Old 07-06-2012, 08:53 PM
NoahChristopher's Avatar
NoahChristopher NoahChristopher is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia
Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 709
Thanks for the input Jkosk, looks like I'm gonna go ahead and get a few..
Reply With Quote
  #673  
Old 07-06-2012, 08:54 PM
dgtexas1 dgtexas1 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mesquite, TX
Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 52
For those of you that have thrown the Saint in both opto and gl, which do you prefer. I hear that the domes vary from time to time on the plastics. Looking forward to getting this disc.
Reply With Quote
  #674  
Old 07-06-2012, 08:57 PM
eegor's Avatar
eegor eegor is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The banks of the Trinity River
Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 92
Posts: 3,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtexas1 View Post
For those of you that have thrown the Saint in both opto and gl, which do you prefer. I hear that the domes vary from time to time on the plastics. Looking forward to getting this disc.
I can throw my brand new GL further than my brand new opto. I prefer the stability of the opto. The GL will be straight soon. Both domes are about the same.
Reply With Quote
  #675  
Old 07-06-2012, 08:58 PM
NoahChristopher's Avatar
NoahChristopher NoahChristopher is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia
Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
The Saint is close enough to a Teebird that you will like it. It's also close enough to a Teebird that you really don't need it.

The real question is... do you want a disc that's very similar to a Teebird in sweet, sweet Swedish plastic?
You've got a good point eegor. The Opto plastic lately has been phenomenal. I picked up some Opto Strikers recently and they are gummy and grippy as hell. Opto Saints are on the way!
Reply With Quote
  #676  
Old 07-06-2012, 09:35 PM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahChristopher View Post
You've got a good point eegor. The Opto plastic lately has been phenomenal. I picked up some Opto Strikers recently and they are gummy and grippy as hell. Opto Saints are on the way!
See, I actually feel a little differently about my new Opto. It is not as pliable as my Fuse and Warship. I prefer a bit more flex to the Opto, but my Saint seems stiffer. Maybe I just need to throw mine more.
Reply With Quote
  #677  
Old 07-06-2012, 09:59 PM
eegor's Avatar
eegor eegor is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The banks of the Trinity River
Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 92
Posts: 3,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
See, I actually feel a little differently about my new Opto. It is not as pliable as my Fuse and Warship. I prefer a bit more flex to the Opto, but my Saint seems stiffer. Maybe I just need to throw mine more.
It has more weight in the wing... a driver will. It should be very similar to the Strikers he's referring to.
Reply With Quote
  #678  
Old 07-06-2012, 10:06 PM
freakinwizzz's Avatar
freakinwizzz freakinwizzz is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Goleta, CA
Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 717
saints are the best discs ever replaced 2 molds in my bag in less than 48 hours
Reply With Quote
  #679  
Old 07-06-2012, 10:09 PM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,703
Which molds?
Reply With Quote
 

  #680  
Old 07-06-2012, 10:58 PM
freakinwizzz's Avatar
freakinwizzz freakinwizzz is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Goleta, CA
Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 717
valks and teebirds. these things go so far i can probly take out other things too
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.