goldfrapp

I prefer their plastic
HELLACOPTERS
Old 07-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 106
Throwing Style: RHBH
I just got my opto 170g saint and my 170 GL saint and I likey. Just some background, I'm an eagle thrower. This is my glidetastic eagle x. I love both plastics but I think I'm more partial to the GL plastic. The light blue pearl is the definition of sexy. Get one, love it, throw it. That is all.....
Old 07-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePinchico View Post
I just got my opto 170g saint and my 170 GL saint and I likey. Just some background, I'm an eagle thrower. This is my glidetastic eagle x. I love both plastics but I think I'm more partial to the GL plastic. The light blue pearl is the definition of sexy. Get one, love it, throw it. That is all.....
I'm a eagle lover, too.

I'm having a hard time justifying switching from the Eagle to the Saint. But I am definitely digging on this Saint. These two discs... Seriously... Fly so similar to me, it's like I could switch them out between rounds and not miss a beat...
Old 07-10-2012, 01:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 29
some people throwing these must also have swords

how is the comparison

right now I've dropped my swords so there is a gap between my Spd 7 Rivers and EXPs and my Spd 13 Bolts and Giants

I suppose I may need something in between although I am not convinced of that

I like the Sword but I never seemed to throw it on the courses that I play
Old 07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU View Post
some people throwing these must also have swords

how is the comparison

right now I've dropped my swords so there is a gap between my Spd 7 Rivers and EXPs and my Spd 13 Bolts and Giants

I suppose I may need something in between although I am not convinced of that

I like the Sword but I never seemed to throw it on the courses that I play
I throw Swords and Bolts max distance...I believe the Saint has become on of my favorite drivers already (3 rounds of solid use).

The Saint, IMO, is one of Lats most workable/user-friendly discs. This may be due to its neutral stability, fairway speed, extra glide, and likely the combination of all these factors.

The Saint is not nearly as nose sensitive as my Rivers! (Which is my only complaint with the River)

Yesterday I was using the Saint on 80% of my drives off the tee, both RHBH and RHFH. Only once did it turn too much (RHFH) and this was likely my form.

If I was to compare the Saint to existing Lat discs...it would be the 3-way baby between a Striker, River, and Flow!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkosk View Post
I'm a eagle lover, too.

I'm having a hard time justifying switching from the Eagle to the Saint. But I am definitely digging on this Saint. These two discs... Seriously... Fly so similar to me, it's like I could switch them out between rounds and not miss a beat...
I think I'm going to keep both the saint and my 11x eagle x in my bag. The saint has an incredible amount of glide compared to the eagle (this is sometimes needed but sometime not. I could compare the distance I reach with the saint as a little shorter than my flow, and does not do the last minute flip I get with the flow. I'm pretty sure the saint is something special but more field testing is needed.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:55 PM

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHFH
Swedish Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL-KABONG View Post
HELLACOPTERS

Yngwie in Opto! Skol!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 28
Thinking of trying one of these out. Any big difference between opto and GL in stability?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
I can't wait until these come out in that new carbon fiber material. 130grams, never chips, always flexes, always grippy, always cool to the touch, or warm depending on your preference, never gets lost, never needs washed, and comes in that opaque hot pink so many are fond of......changing the science of discs one speculating bad idea at a time.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:17 AM

Courses Played: 36
Got my 175g opto sparkle Saint and 175g pink opaque opto River in the mail. Went out and worked with them compared to 175g champ glow cal teebird and a reg 12x champ bird 175g new condition. The saint was much more fun to throw compared to my trusty teebirds due to the ability to forward glide on a hyzer line so well. Was making nice hyzer shots in the circle on the 399ft uphill (Plays more like 415-420ft) hole 1at Ben Geren Fort Smith Ark with the saint. The teebirds could get there but not on that line and the only disc I could get there on hyzer previously was a destroyer. The Saint for me seemed to fly like a teebird with no fade on the low lazer lines. Would'nt flip would'nt fade and glide for days. My river may be unique but it will not hyzer flip as easilly as the saint. It is flatter that most Rivers and the plastic is prob the nicest I've ever felt (Taffy like). I think it will slowly beat into a gem. Put both in the bag making a destroyer, saint, river, firebird, buzzz, wizard set up.