Old 07-22-2012, 12:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Man, I never seem to luck out on the pearly ones! Hoping that will change with my teal Pain that is on the way. Nice looking disc.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Man, I never seem to luck out on the pearly ones! Hoping that will change with my teal Pain that is on the way. Nice looking disc.
ah i got a sick looking teal pain, and i have a lava one on the way.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
That is beautiful. I hear a lot of the teals come out that way, but I ordered online, so no way of knowing till it gets here...
Old 07-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 95
the worlds player pack opto saint with the special worlds stamp is awesome looking, havent thrown it yet though
Old 07-22-2012, 09:04 AM
* Innova: Choice of Champions *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 14
Got my Opto Saint late last night (thanks Marketplace), and it's beautiful.

Hoping to do some hagiography later today.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by superium View Post
Agreed, Ive only had mine for a week now and its acting like a river. If I throw it under 80% it will stay straight and fade around 320 but if I try to pump it, it turns and likely not coming back unless I throw it high enough. Loving my opto tho.
I have a Saint, and as of right now, I sadly like my Champ Teebird more. I just got it a couple of days ago so it hasn't really been thrown too much, but when I have thrown it, I haven't been all that impressed (minus the ridiculous glide of course).

My question is, should I try throwing it with less power than I would my Teebird as you suggest? As a side note, I can't bomb, I'm only hitting 280-300 with the Teebird, so if that goes into any answers, I'd appreciate the insight!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:56 AM
* Ace Member *

I would say that the tee bird can handle a little more mustard than the saint. All lat64 discs prefer smooth not hard to go far. do you have an opto or gold line. There is a significant difference between the 2. Opto is more HSS and LSS where the gold line is less on both. The gold line will show a ton of turn and may not come back. The opto has a little turn and always wants to fight back.

Smooth is far especially with lat64
Old 07-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 33
I'm about where you are at mm. I found my opto saint to be less stable(more understable?) than my t-bird. That being said, if I hyzer flip the saint it goes wayyyyyy further than my teebird. I have had a handfull of throws go out to 390-420. If I throw it flat at full power it will eat dirt at 200-250ft. When I power down its the straightest disc I own out to 300 ft.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
I would say that the tee bird can handle a little more mustard than the saint. All lat64 discs prefer smooth not hard to go far. do you have an opto or gold line. There is a significant difference between the 2. Opto is more HSS and LSS where the gold line is less on both. The gold line will show a ton of turn and may not come back. The opto has a little turn and always wants to fight back.

Smooth is far especially with lat64
Sorry, forgot to add, it's GL. I definitely concur with the added mustard on the Teebird compared to the Saint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfire25 View Post
I'm about where you are at mm. I found my opto saint to be less stable(more understable?) than my t-bird. That being said, if I hyzer flip the saint it goes wayyyyyy further than my teebird. I have had a handfull of throws go out to 390-420. If I throw it flat at full power it will eat dirt at 200-250ft. When I power down its the straightest disc I own out to 300 ft.
I saw this yesterday when I threw my Saint. It glided nicely, but I knew it wasn't destined for great things and ate dirt. I guess I'll just consciously work on smooth. Might give them a try on more technical holes so I really have to concentrate on smooth.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
You're hyzer flipping a river at 315'? When I was throwing one, I was able to get a baby hyzer out to 330'ish and a little turn and fade to 350-360'
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
Proud of you
LOL, great response. What the hell was his point?

Anyways, my Skulboy Saint is in the mail on it's way, won't get to test it out til new week though. I'll report with my review then.